ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY Clio 182

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Was a great car mechanically as I renewed everything but the bodywork needed attention for sure. I couldn’t justify sinking another 3-4K in paint and body repairs.
Shame it’s getting passed around.

Can’t remember what I sold it for, massive loss I know that much. Think it was 3k.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Was a great car mechanically as I renewed everything but the bodywork needed attention for sure. I couldn’t justify sinking another 3-4K in paint and body repairs.
Shame it’s getting passed around.

Can’t remember what I sold it for, massive loss I know that much. Think it was 3k.
It just needs someone to bite the bullet and either get it up to scratch or strip it and turn it in to a track/race car.

I think until someone does that, it will just get passed from owner to owner. Each one not realizing the level of work needed to get it back up to scratch.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Lols

“I will be the last owner of this car...”

A year later it’s had eleventy twelve more owners.
I wish people would stop using phrases like this. I'd guesstimate 90% of cars people have used phrases like "keeper" or "I'll never sell it" get sold, often not that long after the statement was made.

Everyone wanna be an entertainer at kids parties?

Clio 182 ly
I wish people would stop using phrases like this. I'd guesstimate 90% of cars people have used phrases like "keeper" or "I'll never sell it" get sold, often not that long after the statement was made.

Everyone wanna be an entertainer at kids parties?
Unfortunately things come along in people’s lives where money is needed. I did want to keep hold of this car but sadly somethings have to give sometimes. I have been wanting to get back into the property ladder and selling this car has made it possible for me to do this. I was gutted to get rid of it after using it for 18 months as my daily drive. Sadly it took its toll on the body work but I couldn’t afford to buy a second car. Also didn’t have the luxury of a garage. So that’s why I had to sell it.

Evening all!

So I picked this up yesterday which makes me the third hundred and forty first owner, or something like that 😆

Been after a 182 for quite some time now, and although this is far from a minter it was near to where I live and the colour won me over instantly.

I’ve got twin 2 year olds so my time for forum posts - along with time to eat, sleep and just about anything else - is limited 😂 But thought I’d say hello as I’m rather enamoured with the new wheels on the drive!
I’m not gona drive the arse off it as I’m probably a little old for all that now, however it’s gona be used well I daresay.
I’m on the look out for an aerial mod, possibly a Scorpion exhaust (will give whatever it currently has a chance though, and may get a quote for the dents but will see how I go. I’ve been kindly given a very good condition front replacement seat so I’ll have one for sale soon so HMU if you’re interested, will likely stick it on eBay if I don’t hear anything mind.
I’ve gone on quite enough but if I do make any changes or have any work done I’ll probably stick it in here for a laugh.

When I said it’ll get “used well”, perhaps I meant well used 🙃
Nothing at all messy so off to the dump then the long way home.

Attachments

• 0C1303E4-6D2F-4F0B-AC0D-68FD1FB43947.jpeg
    0C1303E4-6D2F-4F0B-AC0D-68FD1FB43947.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 132

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Evening all!

So I picked this up yesterday which makes me the third hundred and forty first owner, or something like that 😆

Been after a 182 for quite some time now, and although this is far from a minter it was near to where I live and the colour won me over instantly.

I’ve got twin 2 year olds so my time for forum posts - along with time to eat, sleep and just about anything else - is limited 😂 But thought I’d say hello as I’m rather enamoured with the new wheels on the drive!
I’m not gona drive the arse off it as I’m probably a little old for all that now, however it’s gona be used well I daresay.
I’m on the look out for an aerial mod, possibly a Scorpion exhaust (will give whatever it currently has a chance though, and may get a quote for the dents but will see how I go. I’ve been kindly given a very good condition front replacement seat so I’ll have one for sale soon so HMU if you’re interested, will likely stick it on eBay if I don’t hear anything mind.
I’ve gone on quite enough but if I do make any changes or have any work done I’ll probably stick it in here for a laugh.
How's the rusty patches on the rear sills and arches looking on this now? have they been sorted or on the to do list?

I'd be getting the rear doorcards out asap for a look into the abyss to see how far gone it is :)

How's the rusty patches on the rear sills and arches looking on this now? have they been sorted or on the to do list?

I'd be getting the rear doorcards out asap for a look into the abyss to see how far gone it is :)
Will take a look in due course but before then I intend on making some mechanical upgrades. I may be wrong but I think there’s a offside bearing which needs looking at for starters.
Pr182ities 🤦‍♂️😁

9C60E421-7987-4B01-B21A-8378299A356B.jpeg

Been a couple of weeks mooching round in this and it’s actually better than I expected in many ways!

What sounded like a loose bearing (rear) appears to be exactly that. I’m guessing it’s just easier and likely to be better value to buy discs with a hub already in place so I’ve got some internetting to do.

Should anybody have one lying around and are selling do let me know though :)

LY 182
Nice to see your enjoying the car! If you join the clio facebook groups you will find one there or just put a wanted post up

Nice to see your enjoying the car! If you join the clio facebook groups you will find one there or just put a wanted post up
Thanks mate! Unfortunately I’m no longer on Facebook, pretty sure the missus is on there mind, will get her to have a butchers (y)

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
The hardest part is getting the ABS ring on. Buy a new one as you'll likely snap the old one getting it off, then put the new one in the oven for a bit and tap on with a hammer and block of wood

Just buy new? Pair is like 100 now days surely
Posted for just over a ton. A done deal
Cheers chief, had in fact been watching these on eBay, they’re now on their way. Appreciate the link!

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Make sure to check the spacers are still there and fit them correctly before fitting new discs. Otherwise you'll soon ruin the new bearings! They sometimes get stuck on the old discs when you remove them.

Make sure to check the spacers are still there and fit them correctly before fitting new discs. Otherwise you'll soon ruin the new bearings! They sometimes get stuck on the old discs when you remove them.

Ah ok good to know - thank you.
Although I mightn’t be doing it myself as I don’t think my 24mm socket will quite stretch to the required size 🤣

Reactions: MLB
E0BE2815-9132-4C8B-880E-6620B86B01EA.jpeg
F9DE0725-5718-4DDF-AC74-245D6491D60D.jpeg

I’m as impressed with the packaging as I am with the rapid delivery! Many thanks to Renaultparts if you’re on here. Should get these on tomorrow.

Reactions: MLB