ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY182 - daily driver

04BGFF182CLIORS
Some of you may have seen my topic in clio chat - I picked this up at the weekend, having been looking for a economical but fast daily. I narrowed it down to a BLUE 172/182, but this one came up locally for a reasonable price (albeit over budget) so I decided to take a look...

Im still undecided on the colour although it is growing on me!

3 owners, 70k, full Renault history etc etc, so far it seems like a cracking little car. Its also been returning 37mpg over the last 200 miles of daily commuting with the odd blast.
Has all the toys, cruise, auto xenons, auto wipers, climate, 6 disc changer etc etc, for the money I paid im pretty chuffed.

I think it has one cup pack, the wheels and suspension...?

dsc0142sp.jpg

dsc0141yh.jpg

Excuse the poor pictures, phone+dirty car+poor weather isnt a great combo!

Plans:

Give it a good detail; it has had some paint in the past and needs a good claying/polish to brighten it up, overall though it is in VGC (although it wont win any concourse awards...)
Fabia splitter
Some better sounds - nothing chavvy, just some nice components and HU (currently on the lookout for a temporary HU as the stock one is pants - PM me if you have something around the £40 as a temp fix please)
Cup/trophy alloys, maybe lower it slightly...

Thats it for the forseeable future I would imagine!

Martyn

Suzuki Jimny
Very nice.

Get rid of that bloody big sticker!
I removed the Renault one in mine on the forecourt before driving away lol

04BGFF182CLIORS
Thanks chaps, im happy with it so far, hoping it clears up at the weekend so I can give it good clean. Need to source some mats for it aswell.

Can anyone recommend some simple DIY service bits to make sure its running spot on - i.e cleaning the intake/throttle body etc?

Very nice.
Get rid of that bloody big sticker!

Will be the first thing to go when I clean it ;)

Yeah looks to have the wheels and suspension pack but not the spoiler and splitter pack.

Also looks like its seen some paint on the front bumper.

Yep, it does appear to have had some paint (are you referring to the missing 'black bits'?) on the bumper and the arches, end of the day its 8 years old - find one that hasnt at some point! Its going to be doing 12k+ a year, rain or shine so im not fussed about concourse awards. I also paid a fair chunk less than other LY's of a similar age/spec, so I cant grumble ;)

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Thought I recognised that for a second...

I test drove this car about 4 months ago, it was for sale in a local Honda garage to me (Roundabout neyland garage)

it has been resprayed, and LY is such a hard colour to match, Look at the drivers side door between the handle and the front bumper, its slightly darker colour :(

heres the pics i took from when i test drove it!

IMAG1429.jpg

IMAG1430.jpg

IMAG1431.jpg

IMAG1432.jpg

This pic below shows the difference in the colours, door and bumper :(
IMAG1433.jpg

IMAG1434.jpg

IMAG1435.jpg

Fair play it traveled some distance if its now in kent! :p

if you want me to remove these pics i will do, it drove really smooth in all fairness :D

Nice buy all in all :)

04BGFF182CLIORS
Thanks guys, im chuffed with the car, done around 400 miles now with no issues, although im yet to drive it at any real pace for long, ive been taking it easy and learning the car and the power delivery.

It has a slightly lively/twitchy rear end particular when it hits a bump, im 99% sure this is rear shocks, so will aim to change these in the new year. (the MOT has one advisory, some oil 'misting' on the OS rear shock)

Looks very nice mate LY looks awsome in the sun.

Some plain plates would look good.

I was toying with the idea of plane plates but wasn't sure if the blue GB strip broke up the yellow a little bit?

Lovely stuff.

Get yourself a cup spoiler.

Its on my list of things when I have some spare pennies - keeping it clean and fixing a few little niggles are first priority :)
Thought I recognised that for a second...

I test drove this car about 4 months ago, it was for sale in a local Honda garage to me (Roundabout neyland garage)

it has been resprayed, and LY is such a hard colour to match, Look at the drivers side door between the handle and the front bumper, its slightly darker colour :(

heres the pics i took from when i test drove it!

This pic below shows the difference in the colours, door and bumper :(

Fair play it traveled some distance if its now in kent! :p

if you want me to remove these pics i will do, it drove really smooth in all fairness :D

Nice buy all in all :)

You are right, it has been painted and the match isnt spot on, although I have seen much worse! LY must be a nightmare to match. I paid a smidge over 3k for the car, which I think is a fair price considering.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
It's a tidy car all in, when I test drove it the lowest I could get the dealers down too was £3800, so I walked away and picked up my rb for £3k 2 months later, like I said above, very smooth drive, good purchase :)

I'll keep an eye on this for sure :D

04BGFF182CLIORS
It's a tidy car all in, when I test drove it the lowest I could get the dealers down too was £3800, so I walked away and picked up my rb for £3k 2 months later, like I said above, very smooth drive, good purchase :)

I'll keep an eye on this for sure :D

As far as I know the guy I got it from paid pretty much that asking price! RB was the colour I was after, but considering my budget and the fact I needed a replacement car pretty quickly I decided this was worth a look (the fact it was 5 miles away also made sense!) As you say, it does drive very well, I havnt driven any other 1*2s to compare it against, but the engine feels strong and it doesnt make any dodgy noises!

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
I can compare it to my rb and its faultless ;)

My rb's synchromesh is on its way out and crunches in to 3rd but didn't feel any issues with the ly

As you said in the 1st post the colour really grows on ya! Pictures never really do it justice, and the darker areas don't show up half as much in person :)

04BGFF182CLIORS
I can compare it to my rb and its faultless ;)

My rb's synchromesh is on its way out and crunches in to 3rd but didn't feel any issues with the ly

As you said in the 1st post the colour really grows on ya! Pictures never really do it justice, and the darker areas don't show up half as much in person :)

Thats reassuring!

And you're right, in person it looks 100 times better, its not a bad job either, no orange peeling at all. Colour has grown on me alot, although I am still a massive fan of RB!

Syncromesh all seem fine touch wood - only issue is a slightly leaking rear shock which will be replaced in the new year :)

04BGFF182CLIORS
HUGE UPDATE

14cbkly.jpg

I got some stickers. I went for carbon effect as I think ill be heading that route with some of the interior parts.

Big props to these guys, recieved a day after I paid and they seem very good quality. Now to find some time/dry weather to give it a wash and put them on!

Also been looking at these:

1.jpg