ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M5 Touring

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Had the old girl for other a year now and covered a mere 3.5k.

Been a expensive ride but totally worth it.

Loads of bits done under warranty although I did have to pay a contribution of £1700 towards a new sunroof.

So parts replaced and maintance so far....

- Sunroof *£1700
- Tyres * £ £900
- Service * £400
- Alignment £45

Parts replaced under warranty

- Rear diff
- Drivers seat active seat support air bags
- Rear door speaker
- ABS pump (DSC)
- Aircon compressor
- front bumper paint as dealer damaged

Yearly service (not required but I service annually regardless) and another warranty claim pending on a few minor bits.

Expenditure due other than service will be discs and pads all round. Although they have plenty of meat left the discs must be approaching minimum thickness. £1200 if I fit myself.

Finally applied my plate which I put on retention when I sold the last M5.

Couple of pics that I love from the last year.

C5FFDE09-637E-4EB3-9F8A-069D583FBB4B.jpeg
AFEDB50C-665F-4B8B-8C26-A058929105B1.jpeg
9965C55A-DD86-4D26-A54E-2D108BCE67CF.jpeg
C0018F7D-BB7F-4480-A836-346BE03BA39F.jpeg
CC562ECD-9EA9-44E2-B383-F294483639FB.jpeg

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
This must be up there with untimate cars to own. It ticks every box for a petrolhead IMO, as long term car.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Personal plates are personal ? so I understand not everyone is going to like it. I have kept the original dealer plates just in case I change my mind.

Last edited:

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
£1200 for discs, bloody hell. I would drive it and try not to use the brakes. I think they are around £800 for e46 m3 and that's crazy enough!

Lovely car.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
£1200 for discs, bloody hell. I would drive it and try not to use the brakes. I think they are around £800 for e46 m3 and that's crazy enough!

Lovely car.
you can get OEM E46 M3 disc's from the main dealer for under £300. I'd cry at spending £1200 on a pair (I'll never own a car with carbon ceramics, imagine buying those)....

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
you can get OEM E46 M3 disc's from the main dealer for under £300. I'd cry at spending £1200 on a pair (I'll never own a car with carbon ceramics, imagine buying those)....

That's cheap! Well compared to what we found them for before and the M5. Ceramics I would probably have to start selling organs.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Looks spot on. What happened to the rear diff, was it making clunking noises ? A mate of mine had a saloon m5 same shape and the diff was making a bit of noise, fearing a big bill he moved it on.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
f**k those running costs! That’s a pound a mile not including fuel! Imagine if you didn’t have the warranty as well!

Just goes to show with these motors the super car price tag might drop but the running costs don’t.

Looks class though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Hilarious costs but such an epic car. Not a fan of the plate, it cheapens the car but then it's not mine.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Looks spot on. What happened to the rear diff, was it making clunking noises ? A mate of mine had a saloon m5 same shape and the diff was making a bit of noise, fearing a big bill he moved it on.

Diff had a whine when loaded, tbh the clunking noise is normal, bmw changed the oil type which cures it.

f**k those running costs! That’s a pound a mile not including fuel! Imagine if you didn’t have the warranty as well!

Just goes to show with these motors the super car price tag might drop but the running costs don’t.

Looks class though.

Couldn’t justify owning one without warranty that’s for sure.

Looks awesome! Brakes even for my F30 are expensive - it has the performance brake option which means it has the same brakes as the F80 M3....which means around £1000 for discs and pads all round ?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Looks awesome! Brakes even for my F30 are expensive - it has the performance brake option which means it has the same brakes as the F80 M3....which means around £1000 for discs and pads all round ?

Not cheap are they! But not ceramics so that’s a bonus.

Sadly I broke her yesterday ? going into dealers next week, I will have the other niggles sorted under the same claim.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Get the M5 back tomorrow after replacing both throttle actuators and also the rear load cover mechanism. 3k warranty claim so far for 2019...

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Get the M5 back tomorrow after replacing both throttle actuators and also the rear load cover mechanism. 3k warranty claim so far for 2019...
I bet the 2nd hand market is awash with nails because people didn't have the warranty but "oh feck it" ill live with that fault attitude

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Probably, I guess time will tell. But of a issue currently on the M5 scene which resembles Mr Greer or indeed worse. So that’s not going to help.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Just got car from dealers and they have damaged both bumpers :(

That’s twice in 12 months now.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
What sort of damage? Mental!

Don’t laugh as it’s not massive but certainly cannot be polished out.

Car is booked in for a week beginning of March.

This is after a good polish.

005F625C-AAB5-4A54-8C7F-A0D870DC4238.jpeg
B270879A-4265-4361-874E-69429609140E.jpeg

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
i'm not laughing.

The marks weren't there before it went to me so they should be there now. God it would drive me mad. Goes to show how much they look after to car (or not) while they have it.

I think if it was me i'd ask for a contribution from them and get it sorted myself. Sod giving them the car back.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
i'm not laughing.

The marks weren't there before it went to me so they should be there now. God it would drive me mad. Goes to show how much they look after to car (or not) while they have it.

I think if it was me i'd ask for a contribution from them and get it sorted myself. Sod giving them the car back.

I won’t except anything less than a full respray as they are not doing a smart repair. Both bumpers were near flawless and I won’t accept anything different back. On the plus side it’s a body shop off site so hopefully that rules out then trying to push smart repair.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Fair play for noticing that. Are they quite happy to admit liability for it?

I’m looking at e61s at the moment. Not the m5 variant though. Either a 525i/530i sport

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Fair play for noticing that. Are they quite happy to admit liability for it?

I’m looking at e61s at the moment. Not the m5 variant though. Either a 525i/530i sport

They didn’t have a leg to stand on when I provided a video walk around of the car when I dropped it off.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Aye it was hi res and a very very slow close up walk around. Also like i said, the photos above was after I polished the area. The file was just over 250mb ?

Tbh it didn’t look good when I was showing the service manager the marks whilst the guy next to me was dropping his car off for simulair damage. They also take their own photos when car is dropped off so no doubt they checked.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
So paint correction has started ?

Clayed yesterday, paint correction today.

Bonnet, front wings, both sides and skirts done. Boot, both bumpers, pillars and roof tomorrow. Than refine, panel wipe and polish.

Managed to get the mark out of rear bumper too which I’m happy about.

Not a lot of pics but really happy with finish and I know it’s been done unlike the R26R.

Have a sun gun thing arriving tomorrow which will be better for pics.

Couple of shots from door.

Before

321471DD-6A8E-4CAF-9C60-DBA8EEAA3651.jpeg

After

A772185C-94CE-4780-A46B-F5C1D54AC2F3.jpeg

65C93BF0-1FBC-43DC-8D9D-87C285FF93B6.jpeg

094093E8-C843-4FF0-AE2A-B513F98B7BDB.jpeg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Spent the morning paint correction front bumper, rear bumper and boot lid. Than onto refining every panel which was fun. Stopped now as waiting for panel wipe to arrive so I can wipe down a down and wax. Will have to wait until Friday now due to rain tomorrow.

This car has never looked so good, really pleased.