ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M555 JEH back in the game!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
With October out the way, a month a would rather forget for obvious reasons and winter on its way I paid the Clio a bit of attention today. It has been looking sorry for its self for the last few weeks and hadn't been washed for well over a month, which for me dreadful!

I was concerned at first that I wouldn't be able to rekindle my love for the car after what happened but I am pretty smitten with it again now.. :eek:

Few snaps;

10673041895_81564a533b_c.jpg
Winter Detail by Lawro1988, on Flickr

10673092246_6bf96cd71c_c.jpg

10673025015_a85a201413_c.jpg

10673075826_88d9d7bbe1_c.jpg

10673077354_3deaeaa83b_c.jpg

10673280603_bb5eff7931_c.jpg

10672985055_2744f9e0d1_c.jpg

10673271393_ef9986cd5f_c.jpg

Renault Clio 172
looks great mate! i need me one of those battery covers! sooo clean should said we could have got out and taken a few shots!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great mate.

I only kind of caught what happened. It was stolen then found by the feeder? (sorry to drag it up)

RB 182
Looks great mate!

Do Renault Turini centre caps fit speedlines? I think that would finish it off perfectly.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
work pal! trying to get sunday off so i can pop up to glous for a revo open day! posted in the local section if i can go!

That sounds good mate, let me know if you can get the day off and I will come up with you.

Looking as good as ever Lawro :)

Glad you are back in love mate :)

Cheers buddy! Name change hey ;)

Looks great mate.

I only kind of caught what happened. It was stolen then found by the feeder? (sorry to drag it up)

Cheers Tom!

Basically, it was low loaded from outside my house during the early hours of Friday night. No witnesses at all so I didn't hold out much hope really. Plastered all over Facebook and Forum's, had a few leads on Saturday and Sunday which turned up nothing. Had a call about half 2 on the Sunday afternoon from a guy who had seen the appeal on Facebook and claimed the thought he may have spotted it in Barton Hill Trading Estate as he had been to the plumbing merchants. He didn't give much information other than a Silver Clio with no number plates. I called the Police and ran down there as it's only about 1 mile away from my house and it was sat there in a lane opposite the trading estate. Completely undamaged, hadn't been driven or even unlocked. Police seem to think its a criminal gang who are stealing performance cars around the Bristol area, parking them somewhere quiet to ensure they aren't tracked and coming back to get them a few days later. 15 other cars were stolen within 4 weeks of the theft of mine in exactly the same circumstance and no other cars have been recovered. They believe they are being shipped abroad. Pretty scary experience really.

I still can't get over how smart your car looks. Which is embarassing as we have the same car.

Lol, thanks buddy!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Looks great mate!

Do Renault Turini centre caps fit speedlines? I think that would finish it off perfectly.

Thanks mate. Yeah they do as far as I know, they are on the list ;)

Why is it when I look at cups the front wing is a different shade to the door?

Stunning car, glad it got back safe and sound and you're content again.

Cheers mate! Yeah it's frustrating they come out like that in photos.. In the fresh they look fine as I had the front end resprayed back in the Spring.

That engine bay is seriously clean, props.

Cheers :)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Glad you have fallen back in love with it.

You going to get a tracker ?

I had one fitted a couple weeks ago now mate, went for the Tracker Locate in the end. Great bit of kit.

I actually quite like the speedline caps. Looks tasteful.

I don't mind them personally, the only reason I am changing them is because I am looking to get some 200 Brembo's after Christmas and the blue writing on the centre caps will upset me with the Red Calipers lol!

Mini Cooper S JCW
C^nts!!
Worst feeling ever looking out and realising your pride and joy has been taken. Happened to me couple of years ago. Car has never been recovered.
Glad you got it back in one piece.
It's looking great, following on Instagram :)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
C^nts!!
Worst feeling ever looking out and realising your pride and joy has been taken. Happened to me couple of years ago. Car has never been recovered.
Glad you got it back in one piece.
It's looking great, following on Instagram :)

Agreed, it didn't sink in for a while! Was very very lucky to get it back, it restored my faith in humanity that so many people helped with the search. Cheers mate :)

That is f*cking mint!

Lol! Thanks :)

RB 182 FF
Fair play that is a gorgeous motor! A real credit to you, glad you got it back safe! :) That's one of the very best 182's around, bloody love a mint silver Clio! :p

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
lovely lovely car and so glad you're all back in love with it. would of been a crying shame if you'd felt funny after the incident and lost the feel for it :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Epic car mate, well done with all of your hard work and time. :D

If im being fussy (which i am) the only thing i would try and change is the position of the clamps that hold the intake hose on, id try and hide the big fat bits so all you could see is the nice thin band.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Tom!

Basically, it was low loaded from outside my house during the early hours of Friday night. No witnesses at all so I didn't hold out much hope really. Plastered all over Facebook and Forum's, had a few leads on Saturday and Sunday which turned up nothing. Had a call about half 2 on the Sunday afternoon from a guy who had seen the appeal on Facebook and claimed the thought he may have spotted it in Barton Hill Trading Estate as he had been to the plumbing merchants. He didn't give much information other than a Silver Clio with no number plates. I called the Police and ran down there as it's only about 1 mile away from my house and it was sat there in a lane opposite the trading estate. Completely undamaged, hadn't been driven or even unlocked. Police seem to think its a criminal gang who are stealing performance cars around the Bristol area, parking them somewhere quiet to ensure they aren't tracked and coming back to get them a few days later. 15 other cars were stolen within 4 weeks of the theft of mine in exactly the same circumstance and no other cars have been recovered. They believe they are being shipped abroad. Pretty scary experience really.

Bloody hell! To be honest at least it was stolen in that way (if that makes sense). I had to sell one of my cars after being broken in to as I didn't like the fact someone had been in it. Weird tbh..

Glad she's back and good as ever. :D

PS I prefer the speedline centre caps..;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Great colour Danny, I agree. In the flesh it really comes alive. I'd really like a nice Titanium 182. Would actually like to see one on Silver turinis.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Fair play that is a gorgeous motor! A real credit to you, glad you got it back safe! :) That's one of the very best 182's around, bloody love a mint silver Clio! :p

That engine bay looks cleaner than how they come from the factory. Good work sir.

lovely lovely car and so glad you're all back in love with it. would of been a crying shame if you'd felt funny after the incident and lost the feel for it :)

Thanks Gents! :)

Epic car mate, well done with all of your hard work and time. :D

If im being fussy (which i am) the only thing i would try and change is the position of the clamps that hold the intake hose on, id try and hide the big fat bits so all you could see is the nice thin band.

Cheers buddy! I hadn't thought about that.. Might give it a whirl and see what it looks like when I get 5 minutes.

Bloody hell! To be honest at least it was stolen in that way (if that makes sense). I had to sell one of my cars after being broken in to as I didn't like the fact someone had been in it. Weird tbh..

Glad she's back and good as ever. :D

PS I prefer the speedline centre caps..;)

Yeah in a strange way I am glad it was taken how it was rather than breaking into it or stealing the keys. Although I wish I never happened but unfortunately there are some pikey b******s about.

I love that!!!

A lot of love for titanium!

Great colour Danny, I agree. In the flesh it really comes alive. I'd really like a nice Titanium 182. Would actually like to see one on Silver turinis.

Thanks guys! It's an awesome colour, looks great in the sun!

Not a 320d
Dont often look at 1*2's on this forum and think they look good as most are shitters these days but thats really quite tidy. Good on you for keeping it like that.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
It's crying out for some new side skirt bolts!

Trust me it makes a massive massive difference - Some polarised ones would look grand ;)

Congratulations on getting your car back Lawro, It looks beautiful. I remember seeing the thread about it being stolen and you could really feel the despair. Glad you got it back untouched mate. Fit that tracker!!

Arctic Blue 182
Nice to see her back mate, glad that your loving it again! Must be my eyes but its looking soo much wider lol