ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ma Ride!!!

1.2 Power to the People..
Had it since last friday and its all going well so far.

-Cleaned head to toe in autoglym and Meguilar products

-Silvatec bulbs all round

-172/182 front grill

-Silver 16v badges

-Clear indicators

-De-stickered

-got a 172 rear bumper i might get fitted, what do you lot think?

gonna leave it standardish, subtle with a bit of a personal twist.

opinions please

DSC00157.gif

22be7df2.gif

DSC00158.gif

DSC00159.gif

yeah gonna get it colour coded, lowering is out of the question, past 2 cars have been lowered and had too many problems living in a bad road area. asmuch as i'ld like to i cant.

whats up with ther rear bumper? would look smart with colour coded front and sides i think?

thanks for comments

yeah hehe, how much am i looking at for it to be sprayed?

ignore the colour match lol

5.gif

you all going FCS06, im a bit of a virgin for clios, be my first time with the clio boys, i was an ssc boy 2 years back :(

ah, a great excuse to get the car colour coded when you get the bumper sprayed!

expect to pay around £200/£250 to get the bumper and other bits sprayed properly :)

haha yeah man, thats how it is.

got a huge list of bodyshops i'm gonna get quotes from tommorow, i got a trusted friend who done lots of work on my old cars so probs be him.

get spoiler sprayed too with the colour coding me thinks :D

clios been my best car so far, had a saxo 1.4 westcoast and a 206 xsi last.

1.2 power rules lmao

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
not a fan of 172/182 bumpers on 1.2s but if you like it then cool.

you could lower it say 35mm and wouldnt have any problems? ive got mine lowered 60mm on the standard 15's and loads of roads here with big speedbumps and un even surfaces and its been fine, only problem is when my dad drives it and catches the splitter on the kerb when parking but it doesnt cause any damage just scrapes it a bit.

you could get a set of 16" MK2 172 wheels like joshdee and harry manback have on their clios, looks mint, im sure one of them will post pics of them.

in my opinion black clios look better with the bump strips not colour coded, looks to much with that done, id just get the door handles and spoiler done, but its what ever you prefer, its your car lol

sprayed the 16v badges myself bud, done a well good job, soo pleased with them.

if i was to lower it, it would be done on coilovers about 80mm lol i like to go all the way.

K20 EG Hatch
as everyone says, lower it! well bad roads round here but i still had mine slammed on coilovers :p

after that i'd get it colour coded and the bumper fitted.

i'll consider lowering but cant justify it at this stage, gonna do little bits to it and see what happens. going to FCS will change my mind i bet. come home and it'll be booked in straight away lol

thankyou for the comments, much appreciated

Chocolate Bar™
evo801@hotmail.com said:
i'll consider lowering but cant justify it at this stage, gonna do little bits to it and see what happens. going to FCS will change my mind i bet. come home and it'll be booked in straight away lol

thankyou for the comments, much appreciated

-80mm with a 172 rear bumper is the only way to go lol.

in saying that theres a few on the forum now with black 1.2's whove opted for it. i always thought dan pages 1.2 looked really nice, and that was just colour coded with the standard rear bumper.

altho, its a shame not to fit the bumper now - because it does look nicer than the standard one in my honest opinion.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
fUbAr said:
nice :)

i wouldnt bother with the 172 bumper, next step is colour coding :approve:

yep...Sell the bumper and put the money towards colour coding.

Apex 60mm kit and 172 rims would finish that off nicely.

Welcome

welcome there m8. some pl got some good advice on here , but some dont :quiet: , listen to every1 as information does help alot though ;)

defo very clean though . :cool: :cool:

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Looking good. Are you getting the full 172 kit? Colour coding next as everyone has said, and drop it maybe 1 or 2 feet...

Tyson.

haha nice idea. got some bricks in the garage so might have to be done.

not going for 172 kit, just rear as i love the rear.got the 172 bumper but thinking of selling it on. if anyones interested?

might be able to get rear bumper sprayed tommorow so shall i do it?

would love it slammed in the weeds.

right dropped bumper off at bodyshop, getting fully colour coded and 172 rear bumper. well appy chappy

Octavia VRS
Lower it on Eibach Pro springs mate - only lowers it about 20mm

Nice and tidy example - I don't mind the 172 back bumper on it tbh

yeah think its really smart, standard one doesnt cut it for me, really like the front though.

does anyone know why i cant post a thread in the for sale section?

do i need to be a full member?

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Martin_89 said:
you could get a set of 16" MK2 172 wheels like joshdee and harry manback have on their clios, looks mint, im sure one of them will post pics of them.

in my opinion black clios look better with the bump strips not colour coded, looks to much with that done, id just get the door handles and spoiler done, but its what ever you prefer, its your car lol

i would say colourcode especially if ur getting the bumper done.
i had mine like yours for nearly 2 years b4 convincing myself it needed lowering, its kinda rough, but i smile everytime i see my car now!

low on the 15's
P3240115.gif

low on the 16's
P3260019.gif

Clio 172 Mk2
Lol buy a Clio Sport if you wont ya car 2 look like one. Don’t know why people buy a 1.2 Clio and try 2 make it look like a sport.

Golf GTI 1.8T
^^ because they cant afford a sport but still like the look of them!! get over it

nice car and some good plans for it, sublte is the key ;)

Tangoed Works
I know I posted this pic before, but just for your benefit playboy heres my old 1.2 dynamique, lowered 60mm on PI springs with the standard wheels. No rubbing or speed bump issues even with a 15" square solobaric,amps and stealth shelf over the back!
100_0084.jpg

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'll take the 172 rear bumper over the Dynamique anytime :star:
DSC00416.jpg

Colourcoding makes a massive difference to the overall appearance of the car :)
Dscf1842.jpg

Soon to have coilovers & rims refurbed....
Fotochopped ;)

AlloyIdeas1.jpg