ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MacBook Air or MacBook Pro?

R14 CUP
Guys,

Off the back of the 0% interest offer I'm gonna make the plunge and get a MacBook of some description.

What am I going to better off buying? A spec'd up Air or a standard Pro?

I won't be using it daily, the iPad is used pretty much solely for Facebook and basic Internet browsing.

It's going to be purchased for the bit of gaming (football manager, nothing more), browsing, downloading music, and probably a bit of photo editing.

What would best suit my needs? Or are both as excellent as each other?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've recently bought a 13 inch Air and I love it. I was limited price wise though so that did effect my decision to go with the cheaper Air.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Pro. Preferably retina.

Love my air, but if I didn't need portability then I wouldn't own it.

Pro. Preferably retina.

Love my air, but if I didn't need portability then I wouldn't own it.

No point going pro without Retina. Unless in special circumstances like needing a Kensington or Superdrive, in which case one would go for the non-retina Pro.

BTW the new Retina Pros are stupidly light and portable, so that isn't necessarily a big factor.