ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MacBook Memory

fiesta 1.25
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
You can change the HDD and RAM on a MBP unibody without affecting the rest of your warranty.

I didn't notice any change moving from 4GB to 8GB, was a waste of money imo.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Macs are faster with more RAM. Programs open faster etc.. also if you're doing RAM intensive things, it will have more memory to work work.

If you do a Crucial memory checker thing, through their website, it'll show you all the options you can have. I'd imagine you'd be able to put 16 max. in yours if it's new ?

I bought 2x4GB and now have 12GB in my iMac as it just went in the spare slots next to the original RAM.

fiesta 1.25
Think ill stick with the 8Gb don't want to spend too much if i do upgrade but at £34 i might as well.

Stupid question maybe but is all RAM as good as each other? Who makes RAM for MacBooks etc?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Think it's just Crucial available in the UK mate, post up your results, I doubt you'll notice a difference unless you use applications that push the limits of 4GB.

I should also point out the Crucial memory I put in my MPB actually got a lower memory speed result in a benchmark than the standard stuff.

fiesta 1.25
Think it's just Crucial available in the UK mate, post up your results, I doubt you'll notice a difference unless you use applications that push the limits of 4GB.

I should also point out the Crucial memory I put in my MPB actually got a lower memory speed result in a benchmark than the standard stuff.

Oh right, maybe its not worth doing then. Most of the time ill just use mail,iWork, safari and iTunes. But sometimes mess about with Xcode, website software, FTP etc

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Nope I'd stick with 4.

I do video editing from time to time and even on that can't say I've seen an improvement (that i've noticed).

i put 8gb in my macbook pro and loading applications (e.g Photoshop illustrator) is very impressive, i bout mine for £30 odd from crucial, brilliant performance gains for the money, wish the same could be said for clios

fiesta 1.25
I bought and fitted 2 x4Gb from crucial, never fitted RAM before but took all of 5 minutes.

Seems to be slightly faster