ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

made some changes to the 172 last night.

ph1 black 172
a few new pics today as i spent 4 hourts cleaning and polishing.

also been sorting out a cup splitter i got cheap.(not fitted yet)

got the clear repeaters fitted now. much better.

DSC06394.jpg

DSC06390.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Car looks really nice mate, gloss white wheels and it'll be lovely, exhaust is such a big improvement.

As for the splitter, you could just get a 307 one, look very similar to cup one and are a lot cheaper.

ph1 black 172
Car looks really nice mate, gloss white wheels and it'll be lovely, exhaust is such a big improvement.

As for the splitter, you could just get a 307 one, look very similar to cup one and are a lot cheaper.

got a broken cup one for £8.00 so been repairing it today

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
How you been repairing it mate? I've got the same in the loft, but I know nothing about plastic welding?

I'm considering covering it in CF wrap myself....

ph1 black 172
How you been repairing it mate? I've got the same in the loft, but I know nothing about plastic welding?

I'm considering covering it in CF wrap myself....

superglue to hold it together, then roughed the rear surface and fibreglass resin and sheet.

seems pretty strong. then gonna sand the front and spray it.

ph1 black 172
bought Matt Black paint tonite. so will get some pics up when its done.

got an Rs tuner coming this week also, just need to finish sorting my inlets out!!! takes ages with a dremel! but its getting there.

RS Clio 172 Cup
bought Matt Black paint tonite. so will get some pics up when its done.

got an Rs tuner coming this week also, just need to finish sorting my inlets out!!! takes ages with a dremel! but its getting there.

When you say using a dremel on your inlets... Do you mean your matching then or using it to sand down the outside?

RS Clio 172 Cup
will be doing both

I have a dremel, and just wondering how you managing to use it to match the internal of the inlets? You got any info on how you doing it? What applicator you using, etc?

Wanting to buy some matched inlets but if i can do it at home would save me some pennies.

ph1 black 172
I have a dremel, and just wondering how you managing to use it to match the internal of the inlets? You got any info on how you doing it? What applicator you using, etc?

Wanting to buy some matched inlets but if i can do it at home would save me some pennies.

havnt really started.

but thinking just the sand wheel things that go onto the rubber wheel you tighten. then emery cloth to tidy it up. then polish it with polishing wheels and paste.

im gonna start with the upper and match to the gasket as its only 15mins to change over.

then when i dont need the car for a few hours i will blue the lower to the head and then do that.

as i have a spare set the car can still be on the road. also if it goes wrong then i still have working parts anyway.

quite a few ppl have done it this way

197 ff albi
i need my bullets and diamonds on the wheels done like this to really finish off mine, was it hard, how did you do the 2.0 16v bit?

ph1 black 172
i sprayed them white then i hand painted the letters. took time but came out good. then i lacqured them. i got some pics of the process. i will upload tonite

Freetrack&Monaco 172
In my opinion I think the Mk1 Laguna splitter you have fitted suits the front end of your car. I 'might' have the same splitter fitted to mine.......:rasp:

Car looks great!

ph1 black 172
did some more things tonite.

omp towing ring fitted(£14.50 delivered from ebay) also this can only be unbolted not unscrewed like the proper ones.

DSC06420.jpg

the laguna splitter has come off(now sold)

DSC06421.jpg

and i started preparing my cup splitter.

DSC06414.jpg

DSC06413.jpg

DSC06423.jpg

DSC06431.jpg

ph1 black 172

had a little go tonite. heres some pics

this is the sanding bit im using
DSC06422.jpg

this is the lower inlet. i havnt got the gasket to match it just yet but you can see on the outside ports the casting is really poor. the middle two i have started to grind away. (for starters) im ordering as set of gasket this weekend so then will do it properly.
DSC06429.jpg

this pic shows the castings(left port) better to what i have ground away with the dremel
DSC06430.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers for posting that up mate, good work with the fibreglass stuff, it looks good and solid, could you fill the front of the crack with a bit of that, and then sand it down flat??

Where do you get the resin from mate? Any links?

Thanks for the info etc, and good work. Cup splitter should look blooming excellent fitted :)

ph1 black 172
Cheers for posting that up mate, good work with the fibreglass stuff, it looks good and solid, could you fill the front of the crack with a bit of that, and then sand it down flat??

Where do you get the resin from mate? Any links?

Thanks for the info etc, and good work. Cup splitter should look blooming excellent fitted :)

any motor factors/halfords etc for glass fibre resin kit. yeah its rock hard. dont think it will last 2 mins if i hit something so will have to be careful.

i just roughed up the back with dremel(sander etc)

then mixed resin(approx gold ball of resin to pea of hardener) then cut glass mesh to size.(in glass fibre kit) then layer it up. i used 4 strips on each break.(just remember it goes hard in about 15 minutes so you have to work fast.)

you can use on the crack and rub it back, but body filler would be better. you can still just make them out on mine but for now it will be fine. i can always touch it up with filler later and spray over again.