ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Magnatex Oil

My helpful girlfriend knowing I was about to service my car saw some Magnatex oil on 2 for 1 and bought it for me. Unfortunately it is 10W/40 is this OK to use?

I have a 16V if it makes any differance.

Mat.

If you go to Renault they now recommened magnatec 10w 40, for a 16v as they do with all there cars now mate. its just that when the valvers were born this type was not avaliable, i think thats progress!

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

DONT PUT MAGNETEX IN A CLIO 16v!!!

BE WARNED!!! Seriously m8, Mobil 1 15w 50 is the best and that GTX stuff is horrid 4 ur car.

Magnatec is a decent oil and as long as the grade sounds (which it pretty much is) it is good enough for a valver engine, I use it and find it fine, although I remember a lot of people saying the tappets are loud for longer on cold starts than with some other oils, although I myself havent noticed much difference, suck it and see

Golf V6 4Motion

I tried magnatec 15W40 and mobil 15w50 (not at the same time) and apart from the 15W50 lasting half the time there was no difference m8.

got 10/40 magnatec in mine,

but i agree its poo, the tappets sound like engine is sh*gged when its cold, it sounds like a 1.1 fiesta u no the bloody horrible tappet noise,

i leave it a few minutes before driving it any where until its sorts its self out,

but i will never put it in there again,

gonna get some mobil i think next time.