ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Magnex being fitted!!!

Yes, as we speak the car is in the garage and having its magnex back box fitted! (At last!) Decided on the oval 6x4". Its a big sod ill tell you that! Just cant wait to get it out for a rip up the dual carriageway to see what she sounds like now!

19 mins to go.....18 min 49 sec....

Lee

BMW M2C

I must resist the urge to modify my car. *lalalalalalala* cant hear what 172gal is saying.

I wonder if my air filter turned up today? ;)

Pics....YES

Sound Clip......WTF?? hehe, maybe i could get my bro to help me with that one! Bit of a r****d when it comes to computer stuff!

Ill do my best!

172gal, The magnex fits ok then?? They (magnex) told me the mark2 exhaust wasnt ready yet so I spent my dosh on alloys insted...

Yes you must tell us what is sounds like!!!!! :D

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Yes I too am also intersted to hear what the various different exhausts sound like, as I will be looking to get one myself soon.

H22A7 Accord Type R

remember......it will sound better as time goes by and u get a few miles on it!!! :D i always find Magnexs sound very purposeful, warm and damn nice!!!!

Vivj...

It does take some slight alterations to get a snug fit but it WILL fit the MK2. I was a bit dubious about fitting when i ordered it but the mechanic said it would be no problem.

Ive seen loads of MK2s with magnex on them!! I know what your concerns must be but id defo go for it!!! Ill update you on how good the fit is.

Best be on my way now to pick her up!!

Hannah

Lee

BMW M2C

Of course the Magnex fits okay. Have you not seen the thousands of pictures Telford_Mike has posted of his :D I cant believe he hasnt put one in here yet ;)

They do sound very, very nice. Especially from inside the car.

172 gal

got mine fitted 2 weeks ago. Full CAT back with the monster 6 x 4 pipe. Sounds excellent at idle and when cruising slowly.

However be prepared to put up with quite a bit of boom at 80mph until it beds in. Telford Mike reckons on about 2000 miles!

Keep the ear plugs to hand.

Ok been driving around for the last hour!! Absolutely love it! Sounds great, makes a nice burble sound, so pleased its not too loud. Looks mint aswell, really makes the car complete with a visable tailpipe.

So pleased i took the plunge and went for it!!

Hannah

Nippy white cup

172gal...have you got a full system or just backbox. Looking at getting an exhaust for my Cup. Been looking at different pipes and the magnex looked nice on Timos

Paddy,

Soon get some pics up! Just need to borrow my bros digi cam. Most likely tomorrow evening now.

Chris n nic....Its just the back box! Well chuffed with it!

mailto:M@tthew...I ll">M@tthew...I ll keep my eyes peeled for you!

I saw a cup today, flashed him but got f*ck all back! :cry: No one ever flashes back!

Lee

BMW M2C

Ahhh, there it is. You are wearing my down Mike. Its only a matter of time before I get one I suppose.

Quote: Originally posted by 172gal on 12 August 2003

I saw a cup today, flashed him but got f*ck all back! :cry: No one ever flashes back!
I know how you feel, I smiled and waved at a girl in a black 172 yesterday and got a very strange smile back.....youd have thought Id just killed her puppy or something!!!! :cry:

Youll get a reply from me if you see me! Seen 2 cups in Wakefield and Leeds and got the thumbs up from them!

Cant wait to see the pics.

A Cup.....in Wakefield....with thumbs up......never!

;)

Only seen myself, a nice young lass driving one and some other geezer grinning madly driving Cups in the Wakefield area!

Clio 1.6 16V

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 12 August 2003

It will fit fine... heres a new one - specially for Lee ;) Dont forget the Magnex sticker, +10bhp :)

Nice sticker ..... shame about the exhaust! :cool: OK Mike, tell me where you got it then (the sticker that is)? BTW, do you ever drive you car, the inside of your Magnex is always nice and shiney!! LOL ;) Giveaway telltales of a true exhaust anorak?

Renault Laguna Coupe

LMAO! The amount of miles I do in the car is directly proportional to the amount of cleaning that the exhaust gets. If I cant find the time to clean, I dont drive :D

Got the sticker from one of the shops at York Dragway, cost £1. Should be able to get them from any of the shows - Donny, Trax etc.

Sorry for the delay with pics!! My bro still hasnt emailed me them!! argh!

Anyway, its my first time uploading pics from a digi cam. Am i right in thinking i need web space to upload them? If i emailed the pics to someone could they host them for me?

Im crap at all this kind of thing!

Hannah