ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Major Choise help needed

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

right i need help

now i have the money to lower my car

i have 195/45/15 alloys

and if i measure from the top of the arch 35mm down i still have about a 50mm gap from where the arch will be to the tyer.

so i thought about going for a 55mm drop wich will leave about a 30 mm gap from arch and tyer.

the back will be lowered to match to the closest possible.

now what do you think i should do, should i go for the 35mm kit and know im safe with no rubbing, or do i play it close to the line and get the 55mm drop and have it looking low, if it does rub i can take the sh*t guards out. But am i being silly thinking of such a big drop ??

Please Help me as i dont have the foggiest of what to do.

MaLicE

only thing I can say is that my supposed 35mm drop is closer to 45mm! I think the figure is more of a guide than reality! So be careful, if u wanna go silly low just remember although it looks the nuts handling can often become worse if the car goes too low.

If technically all is ok then go low if u dont mind slowing down for crisp packets and pebbles...lol

Williams 2, STi N12

Why not buy a kit that allows you to adjust the ride height?? Most coilovers have adjusting rings. I have them on my rally car and they work a treat.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

erm yeh they expensive though i have like 300 quid max.

MaLicE

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

cos the tyer wall is thinner and looks better

MaLicE

and they are after market wheels

GR7

Shiny red R32

MaLice, I dont think the tyre wall is thinner - if it was you would soon get punctures!

I think you might mean that the profile of the tyre wall is lower in depth - or something like that!

55mm drop on an rt. anything less you will probably be unhappy.

bearing in mind your higher original stance than the 16v/willy

Skoda Fabia vRS

mine DID rub at the front on a 35mm drop, for some reason it seems to have stopped now ?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

ARGH im sooo confused

i think i will go for the 35mm kit and if its no good i might get some 55mm springs or heat the 35mm springs up.

MalicE

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

dont waste your time with 35, ive got the same tyres and i went for 5 drop, the front scrubs on full lock and the back will scrub with 35+ stone of people in and a full boot!

i would like to have mine dropped by another 10-15mm on the front but dont want to piss around heating the springs.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

u got 3 or 5 dr???

u got a pic ?

MalicE

have u taken sh*t guards out ?