ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

major lows !!

1.2 Clio Mk2 Ph2
need major lows on my clio, its on TA techinixs atm front struts are wound right the way down and i have removed the adjusters from the rear springs but im still not satisfied with its height :/ ,,, it doesnt lay frame so im still not happy low ,,, any advise on what others may have done to get rid of all arch gap and tuck major tyre ?

Renault Clio MK4 RS
If you want proper lows. its bags id say but they are expensive. or get some custom rear springs made like 90mm and it will get you the lows on the rear. but the fronts im not sure dude :/

1.2 Clio Mk2 Ph2
problem is i took the help springs out the front and with the strut and full compression the main spring had no compression so basically im was riding the bumpstop like hell ,,, so i put them back in :/ ,,, and as to laying frame ,, tbh i aint really bothered ,, its impractical anyways so why stop now ? ,, all you need is titanium plates underneath to protect everything and also make it spark like mad :)
45158_10152334311155693_6319910_n_zps40a6d5cc.jpg
[/IMG]
mines the silver one

Renault Clio MK4 RS
well im not sure if you can. Never had to enquire on getting them so you would have to check into it. Pretty sure you dont want to be smashing your sump everytime you hit a stone though if you want it to sit soooo low. If you are after getting it to touch the floor just get it on hydraulics/bags so you can raise it when driving around and lower when park it up.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
problem is i took the help springs out the front and with the strut and full compression the main spring had no compression so basically im was riding the bumpstop like hell ,,, so i put them back in :/ ,,, and as to laying frame ,, tbh i aint really bothered ,, its impractical anyways so why stop now ? ,, all you need is titanium plates underneath to protect everything and also make it spark like mad :)
45158_10152334311155693_6319910_n_zps40a6d5cc.jpg
[/IMG]
mines the silver one

I have to admit it does look really smart the way it is! id leave it like that :)

1.2 Clio Mk2 Ph2
its had changes since that picture ,,, i cut them stupid little slats on the bottom grill and left the main bar ,, tied it down in the center (looks like its smiling :/) but then wrapped it black an tbh it looks pretty awsome ,, and i got bored so got a roof box :L ,,,,,,,,,,,, i dont want it constantly scraping the floor but like instead of my splitter scraping on crap roads i want it banging and sparking :L

Clio 197
My thoughts exactley lol

Really dont understand the youth of today and im only 24, whats the point in having a car thats loud and slow and you cant drive it anywhere.
lol, you can drive properly lowered cars as long as you don't drive like a nob. Speed bumps ain't a problem if you take care with them

each to their own, I'd want my car slammed on coilovers but don't want to void warrenty

clio 182 sport
lol, you can drive properly lowered cars as long as you don't drive like a nob. Speed bumps ain't a problem if you take care with them

each to their own, I'd want my car slammed on coilovers but don't want to void warrenty

I havent got a problem with lowering cars, mine is lowerd. Im on about 'slammin'

I really don't understand the whole "lows" thing that's going about.

My mate has an e36 318 that is mega low and he has to seriously think about the route he is taking wherever he is going in case he grounds out.

Also, the whole camber on the rear wheels just makes it look like something is broken?

Alas, these are just my opinions so each to their own.

O

Oakley12

Just get bagz!

Note: I used a 'z' instead of an 's' because pimpin'

350Z
Swing by the local mcdonalds and employ some whale driving a shocking 172 replica to sit in your newly acquired roof box.

Problem solved.

172 Flamer, BMW E46
just thought id leave this here :) if you want it lower mate, speak to GAZ they are currently emailing me about custom coilovers for mine... so ill txt you the price when i get it.. its either that or bags im affraid.. + you will need to notch your chassis. ive had to do mine already as it was hitting...

166541_501145169928813_485776620_n_zps24ba5e8a.jpg

O

Oakley12

Literally just get bags! Go up & down where & when u want! When parked up just drop it all the way and then you won't need to use your handbrake :)

Arctic 182FF
Please don't fit a roof box to your car, it's beyond bent. Don't understand this whole "scene" thing going on and I'm 18, especially wanting it to spark, to me it seems like something a 6 year old kid who's fascinated by fire would do. From that picture earlier your car looks really good so just go back to how it was there and get rid of some of that camber on the back, it's a bit overkill. All just an opinion of course, you're free to do as you please.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Its just a massive "pull me over" to the police, mainly because its not MOT friendly, so then you get a VDRS form, and wjile you are there, they will f**k you for the pressed plates and HID bulbs in standard lamps you no doubt have also.

*shakes head at the "yoof" of today*

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
its got 5 doors! Just a note for everyone going uber low. It could all just be me but since mine has gone really low at the back the balance has gone. It feels really awful. I think these cars like a bit of rake.

I love scenesters :eek:

Low FTW. Wouldn't want to own one but I can certainly see the appeal.

Maybe not on a Clio though.

182FF
I forgot every clio on here has to be standard or tracked.. Damn f*uck you sheep.

You mean leaving them as designed for the road or make improvements to the performance for track use?

Yes, why don't more people spend money to make them perform worse on both road and track to the point of inconvenience!

172 Flamer, BMW E46
i dont think my 1.2 would be great on track, and most roads are 30mph now anyway... so why not just make it look better ? not much else you can do with a 1.2 clio !!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
i dont think my 1.2 would be great on track, and most roads are 30mph now anyway... so why not just make it look better ? not much else you can do with a 1.2 clio !!

If I do 30mph in mine and hit a pothole, it doesnt rip the chassis leg out, or take an even bigger chunk out of the road.

Plus, if broken is looking better, you must just LOVE visiting scrapyards

Clio 197
If I had the money I'd put my 197 on bags, or I could get it on coilovers and get it sitting nice. Form>function :)

172 Flamer, BMW E46
If I do 30mph in mine and hit a pothole, it doesnt rip the chassis leg out, or take an even bigger chunk out of the road.

Plus, if broken is looking better, you must just LOVE visiting scrapyards

i drive mine every single day and dont have any problems at all...

and yes, in actual fact i do love scrapyards... get all the bargains in there! dont quite see how my car looks broken? would you like to emphasize?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
People put roof boxes on their cars these days as a way to look cool?

As in, Thule style boxes? Seriously? If so, I'm speechless.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
dont quite see how my car looks broken? would you like to emphasize?

Because it looks like you have ZERO suspension travel, so either riding on broken springs, or a boot full of cement bags.

"Camberz FTW y0!" No...... again, it looks like the wheel bearings have collapsed.

"Pimps be lovin poke" No..... just looks like you bought the wrong offset wheels from gumtree

All of the above, in my opinion of course, look awful and RUIN the drive of the car. Everytime I see one of these goon types (all different makes and models), I just shake my head to myself