ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Major problem!!

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Just been to a garage to buy some new tyres, but when i was leaving i reversed back and reversed off a ledge:mad: couldn't see it in my mirrors as it was so low! There was a massive thud and now my car has a vile loud vibration comin from under the gearbox!! When i hit the floor it pushed the exhaust system forward and bent the cat pipe from the manifold (well i think so anyway). Is there anything else that could be causing the vibration???? I'm totally gutted, this just happend about 10 minutes ago:dead:

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
ok guys here is the damage, the cat pipe looks bent which goes up to the manifold - thats where the vibration is coming from. Also the middle exhaust bracket is hanging on by a thread and the back mount has perished

DSCF0830.jpg

any ideas on the price of a OEM cat????? i'm quite livid now

BMW M135i
Heres hoping you get away with a new cat and possibly exhaust. I'm always so careful of backing at curbs for the same reason as my exhaust sits below the bumper.

PH1 172
Hopefully you have just bent the exhaust in to the body work and by replacing the part that as been bent it will solve the problem

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Hopefully you have just bent the exhaust in to the body work and by replacing the part that as been bent it will solve the problem

yeh hopefully, the cat looks knackered but the rest of the exhaust is fine, its a GDI stealth, seems to of held up well - that pipe at the end of the cat must be the weakest part - the manifold doesnt look damaged so hopefully i'll just get a new cat --- suppose i might aswell just fit a sports cat, to go with the current exhaust should see a little bit gain. gotta make best of a bad situation!

Clio Sport 172 2.0i 16v
Does the knocking only happen when ou leave 1st gear ?

mine does that not a clue what it is, it sounds like it is straining under hard acceleration in first, had a few of the engione mountings done, not really sure now