ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mapping on a 172cup and yozza exhaust

Hi all

Firstly sory if i have posted this in the wrong section. i am looking for a yozza exhaust for my 172 cup but not realy sure what to go for, i dont want it showing out the back as i like the smoothness of the clio rear. lol

also as i am very new to the fourm i want to map the car but i have no idea about maps for clios. is it possible just to get a remap or do i need a better ECU. (coming form a evo the ecu was very mappable so no need to swap)

what sort of figures would i be looking at as BHP increase with these mods.

Thanks

Chris

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
The ECU can be mapped.

2 options Really.

1, a Live map from somewhere such as RStuning in Leeds, this the best possible map for you car but is more expensive.

2, a RStuner kit (Fastchip.nl) This is a box that you plug in to your car and map the Ecu be moving some Preset files on to it, very easy to do.
Places like JMS offer this if you dont want to buy a RStuner.

As for gains, hardly any(in comparison to Mapping turbos ect., your car will be making somewhere around 160-165BHP, a remap will help the ideal and raise the Rev limiter and make the car more responsive.

Peddled device
The ECU can be mapped.

2 options Really.

1, a Live map from somewhere such as RStuning in Leeds, this the best possible map for you car but is more expensive.

2, a RStuner kit (Fastchip.nl) This is a box that you plug in to your car and map the Ecu be moving some Preset files on to it, very easy to do.

As for gains, hardly any(in comparison to Mapping turbos ect., your car will be making somewhere around 160-165BHP, a remap will help the ideal and raise the Rev limiter and make the car more responsive.

But no real gains? I had my 182 Cup done by RStuning and it will rev higher and the throttle response is slightly better if l use Super Unleaded.

at present i dont get very good throttle response in 4th gear. if in the future i wantted to take the car further (itbs etc. would it be better to get a live map now? rarther then have to take the tuner out?

clio 172 cup
The ECU can be mapped.

2 options Really.

how does the live map cost?

182 cup
at present i dont get very good throttle response in 4th gear. if in the future i wantted to take the car further (itbs etc. would it be better to get a live map now? rarther then have to take the tuner out?

If you were thinking of major mods like ITB's / cams / turbo / super, then i would get them done first then map it to suit, otherwise you will have to fork out twice to get the most of the mods.

I have had the Group N (RSTuner based) map on my cup as well as the inlets and it deffinatly feels more lively.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
But no real gains? I had my 182 Cup done by RStuning and it will rev higher and the throttle response is slightly better if l use Super Unleaded.

If you read what i put i stated exactly what you said, by no real gains i ment BHP wise, Some people think you will see the same sort of BHP gains on a N/A car as you will on a turbo, but you wont.

As for prices

www.rstuning.co.uk For live map price