ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Market price of 172 cup's??

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172 Cup
I am getting ready to sell my 172 Cup soon :( and i am wondering what a realistic selling price is at the moment?

It is a 53 172 cup in mint condition with 31k on the clock, completely original. the only mod is a stainless steel rear box, that's it.

my wife is pregnant so she's gona have to go, the car that is ;)

cimg0198.jpg

Jag Mondeo -Type
Depends if the cambelts been done tbh.

For a private sale i would say start about 5500-5700 if cambelt done, or 5000-5250 without cambelt done.

172 Cup
Depends if the cambelts been done tbh.

For a private sale i would say start about 5500-5700 if cambelt done, or 5000-5250 without cambelt done.

Looked on Parkers and they say 5500 aswell..

Cambelt hasn't been done yet, that is being done on my next service (Soon)

Looking for a 5 door Megane 1.9 dci Dynamique, a part exchange would be nice

M2 Competition
That looks gorgeous mate! I reckon £5k or so, cambelt is a good shout too.

Ignore the wave of people that will tell you its worth £3k and no more as they've seen them go for that on ebay :rolleyes:

Grale's Cup is very similar to the one i test drove Friday 'cept it's done 12k less. Dealer wanted £6200 with no trade in , and had no evidence of belts being done.
I'LL give you five and a half, cash, Grale. lol

172 Cup
Grale's Cup is very similar to the one i test drove Friday 'cept it's done 12k less. Dealer wanted £6200 with no trade in , and had no evidence of belts being done.
I'LL give you five and a half, cash, Grale. lol

5,500 cash and i'll do the service and cam for you.. if your serious that is ;)

When are you thinking of doing the belts?
What's the MOT and tax on it?
When are you thinking of selling?

172 Cup
When are you thinking of doing the belts?
What's the MOT and tax on it?
When are you thinking of selling?

The MOT runs out in January and the tax in august.

I have only just this weekend talked with the wife about selling the car, she isn't due until christmas, but i would rather advertise the car now as you never know how long it will take to sell a vehicle!

So i will be advertising this coming week, and i will ring my garage tommorow to sort out the cam.

172 Cup
Re: Market price of 172 cup's?? (aux belt question)

Ok i didn't want to start another thread so....

I just got of the phone with the garage, and they said that both the timing belt and auxiliary belt are two seperate things and that they both need doing at the same time!! (every 5 years)

They quoted me £560 for both including labour and vat.. does this sound right??

C

Cupster

rentech are doing my belts next month 540 all in. Mines got CC though so I think it was about 470 without IIRC

Black Gold with cup packs
Oh mate was quoted by Rentech just 3 weeks ago £500 for all belts 36k service and Redstuff front pads!

172 Cup
Just a shameless Bump to let anyone interested that i have had the cam and aux belts done now..

It's now advertised in the For Sale section..

Renault were asking a ridiculous amount to change these :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.