ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mates Nova Spec (dont laugh) for those who are interested?!

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Anyone who is part of MIGWEB or from the stoke area may know of this Nova or heard of a lad who goes by the name of Beasty well anywho this is his Car's spec.

Originally Posted by BEASTY on MIGWeb Forum
Engine: C20LET 2.0i 16v turbo conversion. EDS phase 2 switchable boost. Gasflowed head.Cometic 1.9mm head gasket. ARP rod bolts. Hybrid kkk turbo. Dash 34 actuator. Collins dump valve. Pipercross filter. Modified pistons. A.H fabrications 9 litre custom intercooler. Near solid engine mounts. Harry Hockley strengthening kit. Fully seam welded. Custom enlarged pipe work. Bailey header tank. J.P
2.5” stainless centre exit exhaust with tunnel though spare wheel well. De-cat. Bosch 909 fuel pump. Gsi petrol tank. Rebuilt myself 2004. New fuel system with fuel lift pump and alloy swirl pot mounted in the boot

Gearbox - Astra GTE 16v F20. Rebuilt using new bearing and syncros. Quaife straight cut gears with custom final drive. Quaife ATB diff.Gearing limited to 160 mph @7250 rpm. Astra inner/outer cv’s Custom made driveshafts. VW passat rear wheel bearing in the front. Custom hubs and flanges. Helix 3 plate paddle clutch.

Suspension: Bilstein/Courtney specially valved 2 litre shocks F/R. lowered 60mm front 80mm rear. Stub axles raised 20mm. Fully poly bushed. No front anti roll bar. Uprated rear bar. Lowered tie bar brackets. Modified Corsa Gsi power steering rally rack 2.4 turns lock to lock. Saxo electric power steering pump. Fiat Cinquecnto track rod ends.

Brakes: Willwood 4 pot 300mm alloy bells with custom brackets fo fit behind 15" wheels. Cavalier 260mm rear discs mounted back to front. Corsa cables. 3/30 rear bias valves. Cavalier 4*4 22.2mm bore master cylinder. Nova Gsi brake servo.

Wheels/Tyres: Speedline allessio 2’s 16 * 6 ½ inch alloys. Hand stripped and polished. Pirelli P-Zero Nero 195/45/16 tyres. V rated Also full racing 15" slicks

Bodywork: Nova Gsi modified front bumper with mesh. Gsi rear with tow eye removed. Gsi side skirts. Homemade grill. New bonnet with Courtney carbon vents. Delocked/dehandled. TVR door opener. Flush tailgate with mkII golf aperture and handle. Homemade single wiper. Chrome bumper insert. Homemade euro/GB rear BMW style lights BMW E36 clear side repeaters. Rear wiper removed. Bee sting aerial. Front cross member cut and welded to accommodate intercooler. Full respray Subaru WR blue pearl.

Interior: Full retrim in grey leather and blue alcantara. Homemade door builds. Stereo relocated to heater vents. Astra 8v Digi dash. Momo race steering wheel. Carlton electric sunroof. Momo steering wheel. Custom Nova turbo mats
ICE/Security: Alpine stereo relocated up to heater vent space. Kenwood 6" componants front and 6" kenwood subs in rear quaters.

0-60 5.15 secs. Power approx 280 bhp Santa pod quarter mile 13.0 @111 mph
Nurburgring 8:59 Secs with traffic

Since the last rolling road at 279hp it has:-

Upgraded Injectors
More Boost and Stage 3 ECU, it for some reason overboosts to 20psi and Holds 16 so its now approx 305hp.

This lad has spent alot on this car, and there isnt many things on the road that can get close to him that ive seen.

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
I'll try and get some, see if he or another lad is online! If not im sure i will find some on MIGweb.

I know reading the stats its hard to beleive, and im usually not one for beleiving things like the above with 0-60 times, but having witnessed it. WOW is the only word.

audi a6 3.0tdi
think i've seen this car at a rolling road event recently. my mates are into their nova's. if it is the one i saw its a beast and pushed out 279 bhp on the rollers

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Yeap that will be the one, that was the spec last year but just had a couple of more mod's now so hoping crack the 300 mark, no RR yet though. Will post pics as soon as he emails me some.

audi a6 3.0tdi
here is the one i saw

Attachments

• vauxhall meet 3.jpg
    vauxhall meet 3.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
  Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I've spanked that blue one with 2l tb numberplate on a trackday at donnington it was quick in a straight line but not so good round the corners....

audi a6 3.0tdi
all nova's are the same the chasis (sp) are old and its pretty difficult to get them handling well especially with big engines in them.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yup. A guy I know has a 330bhp Nova Turbo (LSD etc). Its just been in a recent Total Vauxhall Magazine.

DSC00058.gif

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

Its amazing in the flesh (metal ;)), too

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Heres some pics of it from bout 3 years ago. I dont personally know the ad that well just know of him from stoke and the mod'd car scence down our way. Mark Beeseon Gay his name is, after speaking to one of his mates, this lad has built all of this car up him self, bought it in 1998 as a 1.4 Nova SR and the above spec has been done all by himself, obviously he will of had help from others o and he is an Electrican by trade not a mechanic. Any who, the pics of the Nova is beasty's car, and here is a vid of him at the ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2UaVZ0VeZw

clio 172 cup
about a month ago i was on my way back from york tackle shop (fishing) and ended up in a seven car convoy that had been to york dragway i would guess, i got past a few of them and at the front was a blue nova( could have been this one or not) on the straights it left me and an evo 6 like we wasnt moving

172Petey

That Red Nova has 300+ BHP? Still looks like he has standard brakes, Drums on the rear!? :eek:

535d / t5 caravelle
nice, got a mate with a mk2 astra that runs 12.6 1/4 mile at the pod, stripped out to fcuk, lsd, fancy gearbox........... you catch the drift, its fooking stupid fast, so i can appreciate how well the nova must go:)