ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's Arctic Thread

Hi guys, though I would put a few pictures up of my new arctic. Had it a few days now and loving being back in the Clio, so much of a go-kart compared to my previous Golf GTI.

Needs a few things doing to it to bring it upto standard.

The front 2 wheels have obviously been refurbished and are slighty darker than the back two! lol :S Although its not that noticable...

A few scuff marks here and there so a touch up pen should sorth them out!

Also feels really wobbly, so thinking dampers have gone/are going possibly. The tracking is all over the place too, the wheel goes mental over un-even suraces. Left-Right etc

IMG_0772a.jpg

IMG_0770a.jpg

IMG_0754a.jpg

Plans:
  • Silvervisions - fitted today
  • Either coilovers or Sportlines
  • 3/4 plate (loved my last one with this)
  • Cambelt ASAP as overdue.
  • Possibly another Yozza (if a cheap one comes up 2nd hand)
  • Splitter as it looks odd without one lol
Matt.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Wheels look a lot different in colour, can tell a mile off :eek:

You could get them done as CAS, the cheap place in bradford but i aren't keen on their anthracite colour. Its really bluey.

None
Very nice Matt, probably the colour i would have gone for if not the black, so how long before it's modded the same as the RB then :).......not that it's a bad thing, i think all rs clio's need a certain ammount of mods just to make them feel and run right.

Very nice Matt, probably the colour i would have gone for if not the black, so how long before it's modded the same as the RB then :).......not that it's a bad thing, i think all rs clio's need a certain ammount of mods just to make them feel and run right.

Cheers Ste! Defo needs some mods to get it looking/driving right. I want to stay away from coilovers this time, after the alignment and scubbing problems of the last one...

Might even go mad and get some Apex springs!! Lol Sportlines were good but hardly drop the car.

None
Yeah i have to say when i went in your car that time we tested the exhaust i couldn't really tell much difference between yours and mine in terms of ride with the sportlines over my standard set up, maybe a fraction less roll but i thought it would be much different to what it actually was.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Go coilovers again, definitely not apex, wait a few months and i might upgrade mine and you can buy my k-tec's ;)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I have an arctic myself, for me its the best colour aside petrol blue for a 182!

So rewarding to clean! After a Yozza myself! X

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm genuinley impressed.

In just a week its gone from staying standard to a yozza, coilovers, and buckets. :approve:

Tenner says you decat it ;)

Small update, fitted my new Renault splitter this morning, with some slight help from Mike ;)

Looked crap without it, really pleased with the front end now. Still some bits to sort, stone chips etc but its getting there lol

Coilovers, 2118's (maybe) and cambelt change (If Birchdown answer the phone lol) to come....

10.jpg

8.jpg

6.jpg

1.jpg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
if you dont really like the fact that the fronts are darker than the rears then put both the darker ones on 1 side and both the lighter on the other. no one ever sees both sides at once and wont be able to tell the difference ;)

if you dont really like the fact that the fronts are darker than the rears then put both the darker ones on 1 side and both the lighter on the other. no one ever sees both sides at once and wont be able to tell the difference ;)

Lol I did think of doing that but the front tires are brand new and the rears are about 6 months old....

LY R26 #288
Love the new splitter. My arctic blue is missing its splitter! :( I bought a skoda one but thats just made me want to get an orginal one now! thanks! lol.

LY R26 #288
Same here. looking good. What you doing about the stone chips? I have a couple on my bonnet that I want rid of!.

Small update, went to RS Tuning today as the car started flashing the engine light at me whilst sat in traffic the other week.

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

We couldnt fine the problem as such, no mis fire and no warning light after the car was left ticking over for 20 mins, so on the Rollers it went....

IMG_1136.jpg

Hmmmm something not quite right here....

Paul said it looked ok until the top end where it was "knocking", checked the plugs (NGK ones) which were new-ish but were slightly yellow. Paul said this can be caused by basically, s**t petrol. I advised I use the local JET garage, and was advised by Paul to use V Power for a few weeks and go back to see if it was some really s**tty fuel :(

Coilovers/Top mounts to be fitted in the next few weeks...

Matt.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Looks a tidy car mate, the rolling road figure isnt too far off what most make standard mate

Cheers Dave! Yeah its no too far off I was hoping for 170 really but its being run on shite petrol at the min, so hopefully it will pick a few up when I get it running the good stuff.

Still goes really well though, Paul thought it felt quick for a standard one :)

None
Engine lights are a pain in arse mate, Paul couldn't find the reason mine came on either but he turned it off and it didn't come back again.

Power is looking good as well Matt, mine is only making 170bhp with the yozza and re-map so you're not far off with the standard set up.

LY R26 #288
Looks really nice, do you ever get any trouble from the police about the 3/4 plate? I'm thinking of doing this.

Engine lights are a pain in arse mate, Paul couldn't find the reason mine came on either but he turned it off and it didn't come back again.

Power is looking good as well Matt, mine is only making 170bhp with the yozza and re-map so you're not far off with the standard set up.

Hi Ste! Yeah its not too bad I suppose, its running on JET petrol and hasnt been serviced in a while, and I think the exhaust is fooooooked lol

You still coming to the meet at the weekend mate?

Looks really nice, do you ever get any trouble from the police about the 3/4 plate? I'm thinking of doing this.

Hi mate, no touch wood, not had any trouble yet, or on my previous 182 too for that matter. Its luck of the draw I suppose, plus the standard one is in the boot ready for a quick swap over ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
When i got mine it ran around 164 I think, new exhaust and a good service saw a 10hp increase!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
It needs a good service and a new exhaust Mike so hoping for the same TBH.

I think a Yozza and decat might be in the plans too lol :)

Never say Never.....

Nice to see some good plans :) arctic is deffo the best colour ;)

Also a good service made mine feel quite noticeably better once propper oils and all that where being used :)