ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matts Clio TT Hitting 401 bhp

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't know why everyone says about how lethal this car must be,yeah its a lot of power probobly to much for a front wheel drive car. but i've seen two cars with the 1.8 vag engine and ibiza with 350bhp and a golf with the same,yeah they'd had a bit of money setting but theirs still driveable everyday cars,altough wouldnt want to be in one when it starts raining lol!
cant imagine how fast this car must be!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
tidyclio said:
don't know why everyone says about how lethal this car must be,yeah its a lot of power probobly to much for a front wheel drive car. but i've seen two cars with the 1.8 vag engine and ibiza with 350bhp and a golf with the same,yeah they'd had a bit of money setting but theirs still driveable everyday cars,altough wouldnt want to be in one when it starts raining lol!
cant imagine how fast this car must be!

New Golfs and Ibiza's weigh in at a kerb weight of about 1350kg - the clio weighs in at 750kg are 900kg if "ClioBuyers" mother is sat in the passengers seat

its a mk2 golf bud i'm assuming these are quite a bit lighter,iirc it was running about high twelves to low 13's on 1/4 mile.
what i'd really love to see is a video of the speedo in your car on flat out acceletion thatd give everyone a good idea how quick it'd be

MERCEDES CLS AMG
If its a mk2 golf ( black by any chance ) it will be James's from jabba sport - i know james pretty well and hes a regular on the strip. That car is well over 400 bhp now and he has also fitted Nitrous.

Megane 225 Cup
I came in late on this topic by the looks a things..

Must be like semtex with a steering wheel

(i think thats a clarkson quote)

GOOD EFFORT SIR!! :D

MK1 PH3 RSi
Hi, just to say sorry, i am now aware that Renaultsport is another forum and when alex was refering to renaultsport he meant the forum and not the 172/182 RenaultSport.

Hope i am forgiven by all..........................:clown:

Ps Matt are you planning to get anymore GG's out of it? NOS etc?

RenaultSport clio Trophy
any one post the vid?

good work mate, you runing 1.9 and ihi with .20 housing? or gone on to pe turbo?

nice power be good to see it at york next,

hopefulyl getting my cupra back sat, thats gt28rs but standard internals at mo till get them done, so only be round 300 at wheels will i go 1.9 and large port, then hoping for high 300 poss touching 400

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
dont care what anybody says about this, doubters piss takers etc, you cant deny the fact that this is by far the best car in the club bar none, the work that has gone into it, the thought and time that has gone into it not forgetting it used to be a road car and gets regularly caned att he drag strip!!! regardless of weather its a waste of money to you but to matt its a hobby(just like waxing your car and posting pics of it)and got to give him credit for that

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
True.. but youd kick his arse around a track in your fessa babe! hehe, straight line is great.... but corners.. ;)

i Dunno.. if i had that much power, i just dont think id wana be sat in a clio shell controling it

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
can always fit a decent set of suspension and decent stoppers, i mean he must have spent thousands on the car so he could afford to put the best on that car but thats not what its all about

BIG D said:
Something for the Renaultsport fans to be proud of????????(posted by alex)

No disrespect to the car, but its not a RS shell,no RS interior and doesnt run a RS engine!!!!! Wheres the link?

Other than that, looking forward to seeing it @ the pod on the 14th.....;)
Its got RS brakces plus the sheel is the same as the RS shell.

172 Cup
What an achievement is all I say. Matt, any chance of some vids of any kind? I think we'd all like to see that.

Lionel Richie
reality is matthew can't drive for s**t, he gets to a corner and cries

(i love you really, any joy on my shopping list ;))

Clart said:
ooo SAILOR!

How about, you get a decent car? ;)

yeah, I was thinking of getting the absolute poverty spec 172, AKA the MK1, but thought if I'm spending pocket money on a car I may as well get something fast :clown:

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Bubbles said:
True.. but youd kick his arse around a track in your fessa babe! hehe, straight line is great.... but corners.. ;)

i Dunno.. if i had that much power, i just dont think id wana be sat in a clio shell controling it

People ......lets get one thing straight. Just because the car has been built for straight lining, it doesnt mean it cant go round bends. In fact on a track it will outpace most other cliosports, including that 2 bit bucket of junk that Fred and Yoz2a spin about in :D.........The car is fitted with....

powerflex polyurethane antiroll bar bushes
powerflex polyurethane wishbone bushes
FK ADJ coilovers all round
Michelin racing slicks
Brembo calipers
mintex pads
vented discs
Camber correcting bolts
182 trophy wishbones / bjoints
Heavy duty fabricated strut braces ( home made )
uprated braided brake hoses ( yoz2a sport )

Its not that it wont do track days - it will .... quite easily, but i prefer quarter miling - simple really.

A few pics ( all i have of running gear )

SUSPENSION003.gif

SUSPENSION002.gif

rebuildpics3007.gif

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
TheJesus said:
yeah, I was thinking of getting the absolute poverty spec 172, AKA the MK1, but thought if I'm spending pocket money on a car I may as well get something fast :clown:

why did u buy a williams then? :rasp:

When I first saw the car (pics - not in flesh) I was not sure what the point was... I mean.. are you making a fast sleeper for the road, is it a track day car, why put such silly power in a clio shell and whats the bloody point..

BUT..

As Matt has just posted that its being built for the 1/4 mile I can now see the point of it all!! Who cares if it does not corner well (im not saying it does/doesn't), its main job is to drive straight... very quickly...

hence... job done!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
As lawerence said you have to respect the car from an engineering point of view even if you don't like it. I personally love it,bet its not much of a sleeper anymore though is it Matt? Word must travel how mental it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 Cup
<offtopic>
Fred I sent you an email not so long ago, to which I had no reply. :p
Do Yozza do servicing?
</offtopic>

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
TheJesus said:
because like I said, I wanted something fast :clown: (and it doesn't look like a birds car lol)

I'll send you some mounts for Xmas :sleepy:

so i can mount ur momma?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Neil G ...... top logo dude - 390GT fastback stang. Do you know Mcqueen did all the car chase scenes for "Bullitt" himself ? your logo is the bit were he took the bend to wide chasing the charger through the streets of San Fransisco and that scene was meant to be deleted, but it looked that awesome they kept it in the film. In real life the 440 R/T would have eaten the stang though !!

Clart said:
so i can mount ur momma?

... but your a fag :S

I heard your mounts went because yer mum was sat on the bonnet

lol at EvoNone... he moderated your posts too you idiot, now might be time to remove your tongue from his ass ;):clown:

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
TheJesus said:
... but your a fag :S

I heard your mounts went because yer mum was sat on the bonnet

lol at EvoNone... he moderated your posts too you idiot, now might be time to remove your tongue from his ass ;):clown:
or the rust off your s**t box?

ben_p said:
or the rust off your sh*t box?

oh look, his girlfriend has come to his rescue :star:

oh my god... didn't you own a green MK1 with some council estate airfix bodykit? man your my hero :clown:

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
mmmm nope...had a 1.2 n now a 172..... must of been somone else who was bangin ur bird?

Status
Not open for further replies.