ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matty's One-Seven-Two PH2 - Track Car Build

Taking so much inspiration from this thread. Great work!!
That's really awesome to hear. Thanks!

Great work mate

I Love what you have done to your car,keep it up:up:.I Have a few questions for you mate...how much cable did you purchase to relocate the battery as I am going to be trying to do it myself soon,any tips you can tell me would be very much appreciated.SJ.
Thanks! I believe I bought a total of 3 metres which gave me enough to do both the live and ground wire. Tips; If you haven't removed the heater matrix I'd recommend using a pass-through to get the cable through the bulkhead. I just used the big open space left by the heater because it was cheaper. Obviously a hole and a grommet would work but a pass-through would be much nicer. I believe the cable I used was 170amp 25mm^2 or 4AWG cable, if I had located it any further back I probably would have used 36mm^2 or 0AWG cable. I measured it all up in the car and marked the cable, then cut, crimped and heat-shrank the cable on the workbench, makes it a much easier job than working inside the car. I would definitely wire in a cut-off switch if its for a car that sits for a while, too. Other than that its pretty straight forward. Good luck.

A VW Golf.....
The cable then went from the fuse to the cut-off switch mounting below the handbrake. You can see the notches I had to cut out for the cables.

View attachment 176959
See the thread sticking up and rubbing the cable near the left of the photo. I`d cut that off otherwise it will eventually rub through and cause a direct short.

See the thread sticking up and rubbing the cable near the left of the photo. I`d cut that off otherwise it will eventually rub through and cause a direct short.

That was just put there to keep it out of the way. I have rubber-lined p-clips and bolts ready to secure it nicely, just waiting until I get a rivnut gun to secure the p-clips. Thanks for the concern though.

Clio 2 Sport
Hello,
I would like to buy some parts from your car and the link you provided does not work. Do you have anything left?