ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[May 10, 2015] Spring 2015 Wales Run - Blacks & Beacons (Black mountains / South wales)

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Oh yes, wherever you go out here the cops will be lurking. It's bikers paradise so plenty of them lurking and doing speed traps wherever you go up this way, however a few local roads where you can push it a bit :)

Bug

Megane rs250
Speed limit is more than enough for me ... wheels rub the arches -_-
I dont get the appeal of LY pay a grand more for a colour that everyone has got theres 1 in my street (guys isnt on the site, i did ask him.. he looked at me like i was retarded)
I just dont get why anyone would pay more than they should for something ...

Yeah. Speed limits fine by me, most of the road are twisty enough for those speeds anyway [emoji106]

LY common? 73 made is hardly common. I didn't pay way over the odds for mine, was only a few hundred £ more than the others I was looking at and had better service history, lower milage and far better condition!

Some people do pay a lot for them though, but I do think it's worth it myself. I love the colour so much! To me it makes the car feel more special.

Maybe, Maybe....
Ive put you on the Maybe list just to tempt you :wink:

@Sunglasses_Ron
Could you add this List to the OP and add that anyone crossing the Severn Bridge to meet at
Old Seven bridge services at 08.15
Granada Services
M48 Service Area
Aust Motorway Services Area
Severn Bridge
Aust
Bristol
BS35 4BH

Thanks

:tonguewink::tonguewink:

dajones - Clio 200 - Swansea
Rougue - Clio R27 - Essex
Guy - Clio 200 - Bristol
Copse - Clio 200 - Shrewsbury
Liquidyellowdan - Clio 182T - Gwent
X85RSFrank - Clio 197 - Bristol
Kazumz - Clio 200G - Swansea
Gez -corsa - VXR - Swansea
Msremmert - EP3 - Cardiff
josh11490 - 106GTI
Hodgins - Focus RS - South Wales
CoryColeWilkins - Clio 172 - South Wales
Alex-J - Clio 182T - South Wales
Filters - Clio 172 - South Wales
182jwilliams - Megane RS - Oxfordshire
197 Turbo - Clio 197T
nutnutwelshman - 200T - South Wales
Stevoox - Megane 265T - Surrey
Surfus - Clio 197 - Bath
Gilmos1 - 200T - Bristol
John1006 - Clio R27 - Surrey
Pav - Clio 197 - Manchester
Rogue - Clio R27T - Essex
dunny83 - Clio 197 - Wiltshire
Chris91 - Clio 200T - Suffolk
..Jack.. - -West Mids

Unconfirmed
david.m - Clio 197 - Essex
Kyled1992 - Clio - 197
Yiannis197 - Clio 197 - London
LeeRS - Clio 172 - Stourbridge

Bug

Megane rs250
Theres nowhere that comes to mind for me thats suitable for that many cars...
Its gonna be good day lads lets hope it doesnt rain

Dan they seem common round here i see more LY than any other colour.. the only colour i see rarely is the red thats isnt the trophy... havent see one them for ages

Think their attracted to Wales! There's 3 odd in a 10 mile radius of me.

Didn't know there was a non trophy red 182. Or do you mean the Flamer red 172?

Sods law it will rain, probably be weeks of Sun and it'll rain on the day.

Bug

Megane rs250
Sorry dan seen one last night its more orange than red aha is it called inferno? Not too sure
See a couple of clios around the merthyr area last night about 9 ish seen a silver 182 going up towards dowlais anyone on here?

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I can think of about 4 car parks on route that would be large enough.

Nice to see a few of the english members coming down for this. Fingers crossed the weather holds up!

I actually popped out to the Beacons today. :smile:
Didn't quite follow our planned route and just went where I wanted. I hope the weather is this nice come May 10th!
2015-04-22%2016.00.14_zpsq9ymlgec.jpg
2015-04-22%2015.59.15_zpshfabw6qk.jpg
2015-04-22%2016.27.44_zpsueuinc00.jpg
2015-04-22%2016.16.43_zpslbgditu0.jpg
I then had a booboo while parking up at the last dam :/ Visibility really isn't a strong point of the EP3! Oh well, my bad.
IMG-20150422-WA0002_zpstkomnnk9.jpg
Working on tidying it up as a temp thing, but I'll get it resprayed.
IMG-20150422-WA0016_zpsbhalzbhd.jpg
Few others in no particular order...
2015-04-22%2016.27.41_zpstoqi83oy.jpg
2015-04-22%2016.17.32_zps6i8lnawc.jpg
2015-04-22%2016.00.26_zpsju9ffjiw.jpg
I know the pictures are a bit s**t but I was in a bit of a rush!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Currently dubious about dragging the bike along as to front calipers have locked on for a second time now. Replacements on order!

Anyone got a car I can lend??! Lol

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I s**t you not, it sold last night 20mins after I posted that and was collected today. Still got a bonnet tho. U about for this meet?
Should hope you still got the bonnet considering it was thrown in with the carbon bits lol.

I should be about for it bud, just ordered a new set of front calipers (£££££) pads (£££) and discs (££££££££££!!!£££)

clio 172 cup
Good stuff.
I need 2 new front tyres do i put the new ones on the front or switch the new tyres to the back of the car?

Megane 250
I'm picking up a black gold 182 on Monday, so will probably come along in that instead of my 106GTi.

Also anyone in the ebbw vale/abergavenny/Merthyr area, give us a flash if you see me about!

Not long to go now chaps Who is doing the count down?
laugh.gif

I'm home from work on Wednesday so i will update stuff then so nobody feel left out if your not on the list yet :)

Don't forget if you haven't, Click the Donate button, its for a absolutely brilliant cause and for everyone who donates over £3 is a name in the hat for the raffle to be drawn during the run :)

Ill find out what the exact prizes are when I get home :)

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Can I ask for a bit of advice from local experts... What's the best one-way route from Builth Wells to Crickhowell?

At the moment I've got:
B4520 to Brecon
A470 to Storey Arms
A4059 to Hirwaun
A4221 Inter-valley highway to Brynamman
A4069 to Llandovery
A40 to Brecon and beyond
B4560 over Llangynidr
Crickhowell

I guess I'm fairly comfortable with the route, all except for the section between Brecon and the southern end of the Black Mountain pass. Is my route above good, or should I amend it to go from Brecon to Sennybridge then down the A4067 to Abercraf?

@dajones @MJRacing @msremmert @anyone

Bug

Megane rs250
Cv's are creeking and knocking like mad on the clio -_- wont have chance to sort them before this now... just gonna have to deal with the knocking till the following weekend

Looking....
Can I ask for a bit of advice from local experts... What's the best one-way route from Builth Wells to Crickhowell?

At the moment I've got:
B4520 to Brecon
A470 to Storey Arms
A4059 to Hirwaun
A4221 Inter-valley highway to Brynamman
A4069 to Llandovery
A40 to Brecon and beyond
B4560 over Llangynidr
Crickhowell

I guess I'm fairly comfortable with the route, all except for the section between Brecon and the southern end of the Black Mountain pass. Is my route above good, or should I amend it to go from Brecon to Sennybridge then down the A4067 to Abercraf?

@dajones @MJRacing @msremmert @anyone

Tim sorry we been away over the bank holiday. Did anyone get back to you on this?

Looking....
Well the route you have chosen looks good to me. Llandovery to Brecon can be a busy road with not a huge amount of places to overtake but it is a great piece of twisty tarmac that should be driven if your in the area.
The Abercraf road again can be busy with more options to overtake and has better scenery but not as half as much fun to drive.

Brecon to senny bridge sections fast flowing smooth bends.... quite a nice section.

The senny bridge to abercraf sections dull. Drive it a lot. Mainly straights, often cameras on there too. Some nice scenery but crap to drive.

If you are wanting to head that direction, you could do senny bridge, to tre castle, then go back roads towards abercraf. Seriously twisty sections there! Entertaining roads.
95% sure this is the route. Brilliant little run
386669751f18ab2242cde3e1a40181f4.jpg

Last edited:
  Focus RS + S3
If the route above is the one we did on the last meet, i mailed Dajones for the location as i had to go do it again, very narrow and twisty and a pretty rough road,

Very good fun

Yeah. I'm sure it's the same. I used to go swimming in the river that runs alongside the twisty road as a kid. Its popular with families for a day out there.

They use it for night stages in amateur tarmac rally too. Never had the pleasure of watching it though.

Focus RS + S3
Must be the same, i drove it a few weeks ago, was quite an overcast day do there was no-one on it

Oh and btw dan i keep passing you in the S3
Luuuuurvly lol