ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

McGherkin's 1.2 Ph.1 Lighting upgrades

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
They have a light on the left, but it's horrifically bad, and easily covered up. Some people have put another one in on the right side, but it's not much better and for the same effort I can do this, which gives me great lighting in the boot, and lights the ground behind the car, which is also handy for me when I'm loading gear in and out.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
They have a light on the left, but it's horrifically bad, and easily covered up. Some people have put another one in on the right side, but it's not much better and for the same effort I can do this, which gives me great lighting in the boot, and lights the ground behind the car, which is also handy for me when I'm loading gear in and out.

Ahhhh I see, fair enough...I knew there would be a reasonable explanation haha!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Time for a progress update.

Got Rotas.
13175194983_7ee4bfe964_c.jpg

Currently putting in a dash camera, using a Mobius Action camera with a live video feed downlinked to the stereo display.
Photo%2014-03-2014%2004%2025%2013%20PM.png

That is all.

Clio Mk2,Mazda3sport
Your car looks Great and nice progress, i noticed on your old radio display with your clock your got a nice blank gap, mine bugs the hell out of me because ive got Renault written there and in the summer when it gets hot it sometimes changes to Renaul.

Also those alloys you had i saw them a couple of days ago on a Megane and instantly thought of your car, they must be off a Megane like mentioned at the start of your thread and after a quick Google search found this tidy Megane with them http://www.slmotorcars.co.uk/used-RENAULT-MEGANE-Blackburn-Manchester-467001

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers!

The clock display's blank because I haven't got a stalk adapter in - there's so much coming out of the back of the stereo that there literally is no room for one. Sadly I think it's just a necessary evil if you want to control the stereo from the stalk.

And cheers for the link, genuinely the first time I've seen them on any car other than mine!

Clio Mk2,Mazda3sport
Ah thats probably why mine says it cus I wanted it hooked up to my controls because im to lazy to reach the radio lol I saw them on one for first time in person and Good old google found another set I had a pug 106 with genuine 3 stud alloys and every 106 apart from gti came with steel lie 3 or 4 stud depending on the age found one set the same online not sure if they were from a old 306 but think they were to narrow for a 306 so some rare alloys from somwhere

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
OSRAM Nightbreaker + in the main beam (I think they do an ultimate now but not due to change them yet), fog lights aren't wired up yet but probably the same, or HIDs (as they don't get used on the road)

The nightbreakers punch a huge distance, but they are quite a focused beam.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I've got some Cree full beam bulbs and they are quite frankly sh*t! I'm after a better full beam and read a lot of people run nightbreakers. I don't know there was different ones though.

Ive read numerous threads but yet to see one on what foglight bulbs people run on ph1, as all the threads are on ph2 which is H11 bulbs and not H1 on what I/we need.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Cree, as in LED? LED high beams will be absolutely terrible lol.

Fog lights, if you plan on using them on the road (although you'll probably never need to, use nightbreakers as they'll probably penetrate fog better.

Renault Clio 1.2 8v
another option if you want to keep a single bulb is to use a bridge rectifier, feed the wires that would go to each side of the bulb into the AC connections of the rectifier the connect the dc output to the bulb holder and fit the bulb, rectifier will then output correct polarity to the leds no matter which direction the feed into the rectifier
how would you do this and where could i get one cheap