ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

McGherkin's 1.2 Ph.1 Lighting upgrades

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I am going somewhere with it. Backwards lol.

But yeah, when I get my dual optics and HIDs back I'll not be changing anything. Well, I may change the brake lights to LED's too, but aside from that, staying as is.

Lol at the 'users found this page by searching' results at the bottom of this page.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I've also just bought a fog light loom (and if I do get them working I'll be fitting HIDs, not for on-road use though). I've also got some LED high beam bulbs coming which probably won't be fitted on the road either (I'm just curious to see whether the technology's catching up yet, the bulbs I'm getting are pretty new to the market so they're not like the normal 100smd things)

I've also got 6x 48SMD panels coming for the boat, but if they don't end up on the boat I may put them in the headlining so I can see in the back at night. Have to see on that one though.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Panels won't be going in the boat, the lighting on there is 24v as I found out :eek: I'll be using the panels to light up CSS camping, but after that I may fit them in the car, very tempted to incorporate them into the tailgate so when it's open it lights up the area behind the car. LED high beam bulbs were a bit gash, as half expected.

Did get a present today courtesy of DanEdser, a K&N 57i, sounds a lot better than before, and yes I do know I won't have any more power than before lol. Not something I particularly care about on a 1.2!

Going to let the engine cool down for a bit and then cut the backbox heat shield off as it's rusted away and is currently resting on top of said backbox and doing my head in lol.

And that's about it before CSS.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
So, did CSS:
SAM_0800_zps7c4b5a13.jpg

Then hit Dartmoor:
dd4.jpg

dd5.jpg

dd7.jpg

And I've just got these through the post:
IMG_0577.jpg

It's gonna be good to get back to HIDs, Dual Optics and having my car back how I want it. (Although I'm beginning to think I could really do with a cup spoiler)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Because it's a 1.2 :p .... and we all know how much play there is in the non sport springs and dampers ;)
I can and do go tripod lol, but those pics were taken at about 30mph, apart from the one you quoted where I was turning off at about 10mph. I did do a pass at about 70 but I think they didn't get many pics lol

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, for when I turn into Superginge. I can shout, 'To the Gingemobile!', and people around me will ask, 'Which car is the Gingemobile?', and I can say 'Why, the ginger one of course!'

​(nah)

RenaultSport 182FF
Yeah, for when I turn into Superginge. I can shout, 'To the Gingemobile!', and people around me will ask, 'Which car is the Gingemobile?', and I can say 'Why, the ginger one of course!'

​(nah)

Liquid Yellow then ;) it has to be done

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Sadly I don't think there is a connection :dapprove:

Going to have to wire them up manually, or more likely not at all as I snapped a pin on the fog light and can't be arsed to replace it.

Dual optics now refitted, just waiting for it to get dark so I can see the beam to align it.

Looking very tidy McGherkin! almost like a brochure photo!

I can't remember - were you one of the lucky ones to get the dual optic fuse point? I know you sent that rough diagram, but i never got any further with that!
Hoping to get them sorted out so i don't have to swap them out for MOT!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I have a slot for the dual optic fuse in my fusebox mate. I'm not a qualified sparky though so it may be worth taking it to an auto electrician and see what they come up with?

Yeah, I have a slot for the dual optic fuse in my fusebox mate. I'm not a qualified sparky though so it may be worth taking it to an auto electrician and see what they come up with?

I'm guessing the extra point means a whole new fusebox put in which is probably much much more hassle than it's worth. Yeah i would do that but the only auto-spark near me won't even talk to you without wanting the guts of a £100 off you, in theory - any electrician would do though, a circuit is a circuit! I think one of the mods on here, Rob, managed it but it was like 4 years ago so i doubt he remembers.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
When you say sort out the fogs on the loom, do you mean incorporating them into the stalk control? The connection that the fog loom plugs into isn't there on my car.

That is epic

Cant wait to see it fitted :approve:

Saw a thread awhile back about someone having a PS2 hooked up to something like this, just an idea for heavy traffic ;)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, it supports video aux'es in and out (for headrest screens), sat nav, Bluetooth, iPod, USB and of course plays DVDs.

You can get a TV module for it as well but that's £160 last time I looked.

Not really looking forward to the install though as space behind the dash is limited, although the position the screen will sit in is perfect.