ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Me new motor - 106 GTI

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Bought it last night. VERY impressed with the handling! and a nippy fuker too for a 1.6 16v.

Ive not had chance to give it a wash and polish, and clean the engine up yet, but will be doing asap!

Pictures taken on Nokia 6680 and reduced in size :)

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~cadams/images/106gti/106gti.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~cadams/images/106gti/106gti3.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~cadams/images/106gti/106gti2.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~cadams/images/106gti/106gti5.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~cadams/images/106gti/106gti6.jpg

LY 200

Looks very nice mate.........Feel any faster than the old old valver, one before the yellow beast?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

erm...feels about the same, maybe a bit quicker both in standard trim!

seems to rev for fukin ages tho. but that might be due to me not taking the scooby over 6k ever!

Titanium 182

what reg is that mate?

mustbe pretty new with the side airbags and egr valve on thehead!

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Lovely.

Not a 130 bhp with the exhaust thing on the engine. Actually strictly speaking it will be 130bhp but the exhaust thing knocks it back to roughly 120 that the first gtis came with. The first lot were 120, then they modded the engines around year 2000 and got 130, then new exhaust laws required new emission standards and the 130 got restricted back to about 120.

Total con that though, my VTS does not have a glovebox due to having passenger airbag, flaming 106s still do though!

Remapped derv Golf

Do open I/K work well on GTis? There isnt alot on open grill there to get much air in by the looks of it. The older XSi is awful - front is completely closed in.

Nice mate mate. Told you youd be impressed!

But I notice it only comes with Clarion radio/cassette. I thought they were cds like in my VTS.

I see it has (non standard?) struts fitted to the bonnet and has had the bonnet sound deadening removed?

[Edited by Chris1.4RT on 14 July 2005 at 8:30pm]

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 14 July 2005

Total con that though, my VTS does not have a glovebox due to having passenger airbag, flaming 106s still do though!
This is true. I found the storage space in Jons VTS awful! The keypad took up the little tray by the gearstick and on the early ones there were no nets.

The VTR I had had quite a big glove box.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

dunno but that IK is coming off fomr something better and a decent HU is goin in! thats about it really! want to keep it standard!

Well my cd has cd changer button that when you press it, it says no changer yet Ive asked on ssc and Citroen and no one knows where to get one.

I never bother changing HUs.

Just making it more break-in-able. Does me fine. Rarely have it on anyway.

[Edited by Chris1.4RT on 14 July 2005 at 8:31pm]

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 14 July 2005

Well my cd has cd changer button that when you press it, it says no changer yet Ive asked on ssc and Citroen and no one knows where to get one.
Seen em on ebay before. My VTRs one is now in Jons brothers Micra so I always check ebay for cheap changers.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

i havent got the code for that one tho! boooo! and its only tape! id have a standard cd player in it tho!

172beast

All 106s come with them struts on bonnet afaik, my mums old 1.1 106 had em

Looks mint Craig :D

I keep nearly buying 106 GTis then ending up with yet another bloody 172 :oops: Ill definintely have one one day!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

lovely!

i test drove one of these when i was looking around. SUCH a laugh.

Enjoy it mate!.....

that open IK needs sorting asap though.

--chris

looking good mate, is it a Y reg one then ?
my mate had a sundance yellow (2000 w reg model) that was lovely, it only had a drivers airbag though - you seem to have loads !

looks lovely - my bro is getting one next year & he has a few engine mods planned for it.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

yeah its a Y plate, i think it has drivers, passengers, door ones, and seat ones by looks of it! fekin loads. prob heavier!

where can i get an ecosse IK from?

2004 1.2 Dynamique

Very very nice mate, im thinking about getting one of them for my next car lovely motors, nice interior too

xr4x4

My old 106gti didnt have gas struts for the bonnet just the old prop!

mine was a treg one same colour as that china blue also half leather...nice cars but it didnt seem to handle as well as my old xsi did???

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 14 July 2005

where can i get an ecosse IK from?
The Eccose one is just a clone of the Peugeot Sport SuperCup one, there are others out there too, check eBay