ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics of the new car (56k warning)

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 04 March 2005

lol, think ill leave it black!

it is very fast, but ill be honest and i reckon the banana would give it a run for its money once rolling! not a chance off the start tho, iv never known anything fuk off the line so quick, even if you just set off from a junction a bit quick it takes off, but once rolling i would imagine the banana to be close behind! but as most of you know that wasnt exactly slow!

but i didnt buy it for pure power, i bought it because I wanted a change from a stripped out clio. i wanted comfy leather seats, back seats, stereo etc but without loosing out on any performance! so it might only be roughly the same as the clio but its nice and comfy!

insurance is a bit of a sore point at the mo! basically i got offered insurance by one of the companies i enquired online with for £1200! i said id ring em back but i mistook the company name and now i cant find out who it was! ir rang every one and nobody would touch me till im 25. im 24 at the moment, insurance is around £1500 FC

as for wheels, the smallest that fit are 18s due to the brakes :eek: and i personally like them, but each to their own :D

cheers for the comments! the red clio you can see in the reflection is the other car ill be driving about as I dont really want to use this as an every day car!

jo3ned, im sure ud kick my ass mate! lol! no doubt about it, but it has run a 13.3@107 at santa pod last year!

that is a very good time mate - i will be happy if i get that in the TT - Very nice machine by the way :D

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

erm yeah quite a lot mate actually!

the earlier imports have the following differences:

more power standard
bigger turbo
better intercooler
different management
closer ratio box and longer 5th
uprated and stiffer suspension
vented brake disks
stronger rear bulkhead
climate control
air conditioning
electric folding mirrors
better seats
rear wash wipe
wind deflectors
no abs
double din stereo
and sometimes a sexy jap bird locked in the boot ;)

they usualyl have a few gadgets on them too. oh and insurance is more on an import!!

i bought it from a friend but you can get them freshly imported! look on ebay, people get imports all the time, if you email them they can get you just about anything! all very low miles too!

only prob with being the first UK owner is ull need a clock conversion and a few other bits and bobs! youll also need to run it on minimum optimax and preferably with octane booster as they are meant to run on 101/2 octane fuel and will self detonate if you run them on normal unleaded!

Megane 225

Awsome.

If it was mine Id get a more subtle spoiler or even just no spoiler at all just to be different, but alas it isnt mine is it! ;)

clio williams, Ph1 172

She is a beauty. My mate had it before Craig so I know the history of it for the last 3 years nearly. My mate spent a bomb on it. its one of nicest you could find that!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Love it. :D

Did you have any extra probs with the insurance cos its an import?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

rick, yeh had a nightmare insuring it cos its an import and im not 25!

whats the bump steer mod mate? and hows the scooby compare to ur evo4?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Thats looks spanking - Bargain for 7k imo - thing is itll attract so much attention I couldnt live with the paranoia when im off shopping for dry roasties and some beer in asda!

Love those alloys - defo keep them buggers.

as much as i want another scoob, it would have to be another type r if i was going to get one as it was sinply the best scoob ever made (bar the very pricey 22b!)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

it wont be used that often for shopping trips. iv got use of a 1.4 clio as well luckily! but i know what you mean! iv got a pager on the alarm for it too.

will see how this one goes, may upgrade to a better spec in a year or two if i can handle the running costs! ;) i only drive 15 miles to work, and wont be taking it every day! The rest of the time is just my time. but i will crap my pants leaving it anywhere! but its secured up to the max.

i filled it up with optimax and a bottle of octane booster yday and it cost £35 (jap tanks smaller) but it had a little bit in it already!

iv done 150 miles and its on half a tank! which is good in theory considering iv had the toe town quite a bit, but im guessing the 2nd half of the tank will go down much quicker than the first!

as long as i get 200 miles to £35 im happy!

The best thing is i dont feel like i have to drive it fast at all! ill happily sit at 2krpm in any gear just taking it easy :D

With the yellow clio, because it was a sort of sleeper, i felt i wanted to blitz anything that tried it on! :devilish: Providing it was safe to do so of course!

172 Exclusive

The bump steer mod is what you do to the suspension to get rid of the awful understeer they suffer from.

And please people dont say they dont suffer from really bad understeer because they do

120d Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 04 March 2005

rick, yeh had a nightmare insuring it cos its an import and im not 25!

whats the bump steer mod mate? and hows the scooby compare to ur evo4?
Reduces understeer, completly transforms the handling of the scoob...a defo modd to get done. See:

http://www.powerstation.org.ukhttp://www.powerstation.org.uk

My Scooby was quicker than the Evo 4 but it was pushing 307BHP on the rolling Road, the Evo 4 is standard and not as fun to drive for me.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

I think it looks crap! ONLY JOKIN THATS GORGEOUS!!

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 05 March 2005

The best thing is i dont feel like i have to drive it fast at all! ill happily sit at 2krpm in any gear just taking it easy :D

With the yellow clio, because it was a sort of sleeper, i felt i wanted to blitz anything that tried it on! :devilish: Providing it was safe to do so of course!

Its true tho in the 172 i rag it in the RS im happy to sit an short shift on the torque.

172 Exclusive

Now you just have the attitude i have an impreza its bound to be faster lol

It is weird like that i think its just because in the cars like the clio you always feel like you have a point to prove

LY 200

Very nice mate!!!

Scobby meet up southend last nite made me want one very much!!!

Sound so nice!!!

Ziel Nurburgring

Looks an amazing car. Not having read the rest of the posts, but if the alloy is dented i would bin it and buy a new one. No sense in having one fail on you if its not structurely sound