ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Medium / Finishing Polish

BG Clio 182
I currently have the autofinesse Revitalise kit but feel there could be better polishes out there for my application.

The car doesn't really have any deep marks just surface swirls etc.

I've heard about an anti hologram polish, feel that may do the trick. Would I be wise to invest in some new polish or would the revitalise kit be adequate? It feels like it needs a polish between medium and light to nip out swirls in one pass etc.

I use the DAS 6 PRO from CYC, what size pads should I be using on their backing plates? 5.5 or 6.5"? For medium and finishing polishes, which pads are best?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
An anti hologram polish will not really cut out any swirling. something like Scholl S40 fits this but is only really for finishing down previous cutting polishing. the final finishing AF polish is kind of an anti hologram.
I found the 3 AF polish and pad combos to be fairly decent for starting out. the middle polish seems to finish down very well and not always needing to refine unless on soft paints. Menzerna are always a popular choice for new users and experienced, especially with DA. I've been getting on very well with Scholl concepts.

a DAS6 normally comes with a 6" backing plate so would need 6.5" pads, most pads come in 5.5" so would need the 5" backing plate.

BG Clio 182
An anti hologram polish will not really cut out any swirling. something like Scholl S40 fits this but is only really for finishing down previous cutting polishing. the final finishing AF polish is kind of an anti hologram.
I found the 3 AF polish and pad combos to be fairly decent for starting out. the middle polish seems to finish down very well and not always needing to refine unless on soft paints. Menzerna are always a popular choice for new users and experienced, especially with DA. I've been getting on very well with Scholl concepts.

a DAS6 normally comes with a 6" backing plate so would need 6.5" pads, most pads come in 5.5" so would need the 5" backing plate.
Cheers for such a good reply mate.

What pads would you purchase to perhaps give me different angles of attack with the existing polishes I already have?

What replacement pad brands are best? The chemical guys ones seem okay, what about others though? Not clued up on pads

Cayman S Edition 1
Just for info, I used Lake Country pads last week when I polished my wife's TT (yellow with Menzerna 400 and white with Menzerna SPF4000). I could have probably used an intermediate such as 2400, but it seemed to do the trick, with a coating of Britemax Vantage wax on top.

Pads were from here;

http://i4detailing.co.uk/shop/lake-country-mfg-ccs-5.5-inch-foam-pads.html

Having tried other compounds and pads, I found those the best so far.