ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 250

Suzuki Swift Sport
After just over 3 years with the Swift Sport, I finally decided on a change so have bought a Megane 250 - people on here will probably question why I went for a none cup car, but I really fancied something which went well, rode nicely and looked less shouty so this seemed to fit the bill. Yes you lose the diff but so far it is still brilliant to drive and finds a surprising amount of grip (especially considering its been wet all the time since I have bought it!)

Impressions so far are brilliant, so pleased with it! Spec is xenons, leds, pan roof. Car is a 61 with 19500 miles.

Ill get some decent pics when I get chance!

16017553501_f51bcf00b6_b.jpg

Suzuki Swift Sport
Nice do like them in Oyster Grey.
Shame about the lack of Cup though, Totally different without it.
I chose deliberately not to have the cup pack, wanted ride quality over ultimate handling, no doubt they handle better with cup, but its so rare that I drive it to that level that a diff would be of benefit. Still is a cracking car without it.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Don't get me wrong they re still brilliant even without it, But the pace it can cover ground in the damp and wet with good tyres and the Lsd is ridiculous.

Jealous of your Panoramic roof though

Any plans for it? Get it to RST for a map, Transforms it into a proper quick car over standard and how it should of came from the factory

PS, I have some cup springs spare if you want to sharpen it up a little :wink:

Suzuki Swift Sport
Don't get me wrong they re still brilliant even without it, But the pace it can cover ground in the damp and wet with good tyres and the Lsd is ridiculous.

Jealous of your Panoramic roof though

Any plans for it? Get it to RST for a map, Transforms it into a proper quick car over standard and how it should of came from the factory

PS, I have some cup springs spare if you want to sharpen it up a little :wink:

I can imagine - it surprises me how much grip it has in the wet even without the diff, also at the lack of any torque steer! Thats interesting... have you remapped yours?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Aye mine is mapped, Not by RST though. Need to get it tweaked soon as its decat'd and runs rich as hell and due to get a FMIC soon

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Looks great. Personally never understood the "don't drive it hard enough to need the lsd" argument. It's not only in use when driving hard! Ride quality makes sense, same reason I went none cup pack on the 200.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Looks great. Personally never understood the "don't drive it hard enough to need the lsd" argument. It's not only in use when driving hard! Ride quality makes sense, same reason I went none cup pack on the 200.
Fair enough, I enjoy how it drives without the lsd still, ideal spec for me would be non cup suspension with lsd - not really found it lacking in front end grip as of yet though!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Fair enough, I enjoy how it drives without the lsd still, ideal spec for me would be non cup suspension with lsd - not really found it lacking in front end grip as of yet though!
In a similar vein I wanted a non cup 200,with the quicker rack. Would of been ideal spec.

Suzuki Swift Sport
I'm surprised at how refined it is running around day to day yet how it turns into a nutter once you give it some beans!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Love that, as Feirny says though - those wheels are a bit lacking, they don't make it stand out enough for me!

Its an absolute nightmare to find one with xenons/recaros though, they all seem to be one or the other sadly!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
love them in Oyster, couldn't buy one without a Diff though! transforms the car, not like the clio days where it was just a set of stiffer springs and dampers and it was no biggie!

Suzuki Swift Sport
love them in Oyster, couldn't buy one without a Diff though! transforms the car, not like the clio days where it was just a set of stiffer springs and dampers and it was no biggie!

Fair enough, I thought that until I drove one without a diff, more than happy with it! Didn't think there would be much love for it on here ;)

Suzuki Swift Sport
Had the car since November now, getting used to it too. So far so good, it really highlights how slippy the roads are - yes you miss the diff but it still finds an amazing amounts of grip and is a perfect blend for me of ride comfort when you want it and fun too!

16397294100_34635b1a3e_o.jpg
megane_2 by playtoymotorsport, on Flickr

15962171644_74cd2f5559_o.jpg
megane_3 by playtoymotorsport, on Flickr

15962172414_a4daee6b01_o.jpg
megane_4 by playtoymotorsport, on Flickr

16398457709_af377be9c2_o.jpg
megane_5 by playtoymotorsport, on Flickr

16584325525_fd8aa12258_o.jpg
megane_1 by playtoymotorsport, on Flickr

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Lovely. Short plate doesn't sit well given the massive gaps either side. Great colour for the 250.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Lovely. Short plate doesn't sit well given the massive gaps either side. Great colour for the 250.
Thanks, short plate I have had for years so have become used to it, know what you mean though sometimes I'm not sure - more of a tradition for me though!

Lovely car. I used to have a 265 Cup. I had the same wheels as you for my winter wheels but had them done black.
I had mine mapped with a Bluefin, had a scorpion exhaust and a BMC filter and it made 327 bhp on a dyno day (Against some 400 bhp focuses that only made 350bhp on the same rollers!)
Very impressive car and I am gutted I had to sell it to buy a new house. :(

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Looks good in that colour. Rear numberplate lights really date it though IMO, need some LEDs (Not the ones that are so bright they can be seen from space!)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I realy like the grey and for what its worth you wont miss the diff if you've never had one.

Suzuki Swift Sport
I realy like the grey and for what its worth you wont miss the diff if you've never had one.

I drove my dads r26 with the diff and it did make the front end feel very positive, but this car definitely doesn't feel to be lacking grip and it still has a great chassis. Looking forward to doing a Nurburgring trip / track day early next year!

Suzuki Swift Sport
Lovely car. I used to have a 265 Cup. I had the same wheels as you for my winter wheels but had them done black.
I had mine mapped with a Bluefin, had a scorpion exhaust and a BMC filter and it made 327 bhp on a dyno day (Against some 400 bhp focuses that only made 350bhp on the same rollers!)
Very impressive car and I am gutted I had to sell it to buy a new house. 😧

That sounds quick - how did the clutch hold up?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Those figures seem very high for the mods TBH. I don't pay too much attention to peak/dyno figures either way, Its the the curves that are important IMO, Plus every Dyno reads different.

Indeed but also comparable to other cars run on the same dyno on the same day. So called 400bhp Focuses were not making much more so to me it was a good sign and I was more than happy with the way it drove no matter what power it had. Plus it was 284 bhp at the wheels as I go by that in the real world rather than calculated engine power. Anyway I will stop hijacking the thread about my old car. Sorry.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Lovely bud! Didn't know you'd gotten rid of the Swift.

I'll keep my eye out for this, would be good to see it at some point!
Yeah ill keep my eye out for your mini too, had a few cooper s's in the past and really enjoyed them!

Suzuki Swift Sport
Love that. Fantastic looking car. Bit of a speed jump from the swift!

It is a bit of jump from the Swift, I had quite a few quickish cars before the Swift but that was over 3 years ago. Its good to be back in something with some power. The Swift was a great car though!

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
It is a bit of jump from the Swift, I had quite a few quickish cars before the Swift but that was over 3 years ago. Its good to be back in something with some power. The Swift was a great car though!
I went from a 172 cup and an rx7 to a swift sport. So I feel your pain. The swift was a great car tho. Just desperately needed a 6th gear tho.