ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

megane buckets in my clio?

hi all,
a friend who has a modified R26 has offered to sell me his seats. the previous owner had changed the standard recaros for a pair of OMP buckets. the price includes the frames and runners etc etc for me, but before i buy them will they actually go in okay? i really cant be bothered with all the faffing around altering or buying new subframes for them! the sub frames are (im assuming) the ones for the buckets, not the renault/recaro ones originally on his meg.
any knowledge on this is appreciated.

U need subframes that fit the clio, @JON FOZ sells some.

Sorry mis read thought u was on about trendlines, but again i assume u just need brackets to fit seat and car which i think Jon Foz sells again

If you want sliders the Sliders will need to match the car ur putting them in. The r26 sliders wont fit.
Not to sure about fixed seating sorry.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Sounds like you need Clio specific subframes like these;

9420B970-8FA2-4D60-A1B3-60028966A373_zps7ja6hyqz.jpg

Post up a pic of what you have

Oh how convenient that you have some ;)
I don't have them yet, but from what I have seen of them they are OMP fixed bucket seats with sliders and the bit beneath the sliders that connect it to the floor.

Ex 182 owner
You will need to do your research then on solutions. Most bucket setups are designed for harnesses and not seatbelt clips with pretensioners. Pre tensioner need a mounting point which don't usually come on base frames. The side frames of the recaros in a trophy for example have the mounting point on them. But recaro side mounts for buckets do not.

Just do some digging.

Hmmmmmm seems like quite a pain in the backside to buy it and Install the seats first.
Think what I shall do is save up a bit more for this and then buy seats/frames & harnesses all at once. That way far less faffing will be required hahaha!
Cheers for the info tho, obviously I'm a newb at the bucket seat/stripping process here haha