ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane K4M Engine Into Clio

Clio RSI
Bought myself a megane donor car with the K4M (1.6 16v) engine so im going to be putting that engine into my clio (1.2 8v) but need few questions answered :

1. Will the engine mounts from the megane fit into the clio or will the clio ones fit the K4M or will I need to buy clio 1.4/1.6 16v mounts ?

2. Will the ecu and loom be plug and play or will I need to use loom and ecu from a clio 1.6 16v ?

3. Will the driveshafts from the megane fit the clio or do I need clio 1.6 16v ones ?

clio dci , ren8
Simple answer is No you need a clio wiring harness ecu & consumer unit clio mounts & clio driveshafts

Clio RSI
Fancy sending me the dash from your Megane! I'll pay for postage and a beer

Sorry mate all my parts will be sold I need the money

Simple answer is No you need a clio wiring harness ecu & consumer unit clio mounts & clio driveshafts

I can splice the loom into the clio loom though surely using the megane ECU ?

You can buy a clio with a K4M in it already.

I know mate but the clio I have bought is in very very good condition plus it took me ages to find a non sport red one without a sunroof so ill be keeping the car 100% as an ongoing project

Clio RSI
Need some advice with gearbox side of things guys, some people saying the 1.2 gearbox will mate with the 1.6/2.0 engine and others say it wont but theres a mention about speed sensor, can anyone clear this up for me, just need to know if I can run my 1.2 gearbox/shafts etc already in the clio and just drop the K4M engine in ?