ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane RS250 Cup

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
@-Jamie- hope you don’t mind me asking but do you know of the difference’s between 250 vs Cup vs full fat in terms of spec.

Going to look at this later today and I think it a 250 cup?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903206089203

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Cups are a bit more basic but could be optioned decently. FF obviously has a bit better spec but it isn't a huge difference really. Most of the options were pretty basic

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
The cup spec - LSD, climate, parking sensors,
250 - no LSD
FF - Leather, xenons, day time running lights LSD. climate, parking sensors,

Options:
RS monitor
Recaros
Day time running lights
19inch alloys

Looks nice that mate. As long is it's got the diff that's the main thing. Heated leather (lux?) or Recaros and RS monitor would be a nice addition. Theres other stuff like climate control, DRL's but to be honest a car without them shouldn't be a deal breaker IMO.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Small update, Going to just rebuild the engine as planned but will be sticking with the hybrid for now as id just like it back out and running now to get some TD's done this year, Will still go down the big turbo route in the future but for now id rather just get it back on the road. Found a reasonable priced clutch upgrade as well so once its back together ill be heading back down to EFI for a tweak. Hopefully clear the 370bhp and should see closer to 400lbsft but will only run it higher if Chris can keep the torque curve nice and flat as it was/is. Be interesting to see what difference cams will make and should be a good like for like comparison with it still being the same turbo.

Going to have the cage finished off in the meantime and look at some FRP panels to drop a bit of weight and Philip Nichols of Flintshire Performance Engines is going to be building the engine for me.

There's a full day at Knockhill in August im aiming to have it fixed by and maybe looking at getting out to Spa in October

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
A friend of mine has just bought an E92 Competition Pack in red, lovely looking thing. Need to have a go in it.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Still got this, it's almost ready to go for whoever buys it as have got a replacement lined up and waiting

Shell is on 138k, engine on 80k with recent belt and clutch done by RST

364bhp/362lbsft, EFI mapped
RST Hybrid
630cc injectors
Injen CAI
3" CGR Decat
Airtec front mount intercooler
Forge Alloy radiator
Midbox Delete
Lightweight SMF
AC removed
Enkei RP01 with 235 PS4, Fronts are basically brand new with less that 500miles on
DIY Uprated Mounts
Powerflex Black insert for engine mount
Vibratechnic lower Dog Bone
New Genuine lower arms, less than 1k old
AST 5200 Coilovers with adjustable topmounts 10/10 spring rates and recent rebuilt with invoice.
Whiteline uprated Front ARB
Superpro Rear ARB
Adjustable shorter Droplinks
Rear Beam shimmed and geo corrected.
Modified Suspension Turrets
Braided Hoses
Endless RF
Pagid RST3/RS29 pads
Rear Wiper removed
Custom rear cage to full MSA blue book spec, can have a front section added to it.
Cobra Evo/Suzuka Pro Fit seats
Schroth 6/4 point Harness
CAE Shifter
Sabelt Wheel
Brake cooling ducts

Fresh MOT and new discs all round.

Wheels bearings and swivels were all done last year, 6k at most on them, Wheels have all been freshly refurbed as well

Looking for 14k

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
have you had much interest yet, would it be worth breaking it and selling off the tasty bits rather than selling as it stands.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
So the last sale fell through due to lockdown and business issues for thr buyer but it's provisionally sold again, Not sure if the guy is on here but I'm sure his brother is

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Swapped the daily shitbox for it to drive it about for a bit as it's not done many miles since being all sorted.

Gonna miss it for sure, forgot how good it was really and it gets a shift on, litreslly needs some 255/235 03Gs or AR1s and it's sorted for track again
0004d8913b76e6cb9a02f0309784e519.jpg
789b05f863b454fa755110f37634fdde.jpg
c0c39e33ec778bc5c2ce42bb94300c84.jpg
c97140304fced9807c17c94211b15307.jpg
372e4e4bf862f776af42fa2a43c04d5a.jpg
765262a6056a8dbab9bcf84c6f5793a0.jpg
59c478897434b5e46c5c7809374a8c9d.jpg

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah definitely , I'd be a happy buyer with the car for the money that's for sure. Afyer driving it a bit I think I may regret getting rid, should of just left it parked up haha