ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meganesport Viper Performance© hosing fitted

Know its not a clio but got fair few chums on here so i thought i'd share...

Today I fitted the hose that Viper Performance have created for the megane. The company had the hose created, modelled and tested, then sent to me. the time taken was a full MONTH quicker than originally quoted! A result i'm more than happy with below are some pictures of the pipe and how it sits in the meganes enginebay.

I have kept the engine cover off as i feel it shows the pipe better.
the pipe and work was carried out by myself and sy16v today, it can be done by one person realistically and should take around 45 mins/1 hour.

original

viperperfairboxtoturbopipe006.jpg

the job can only realistically be done when the engine bay, especially the turbo is cool (as one end joins to the turbo and this gets stupidly hot!!!) the hardest part is taking the old pipe off to be honest, bit of a nightmare but a stubby screwdriver and a few cuts sorts it. the good thing is that the original clasps can be kept and that they can be used as direct replacements, the two pipes fit back in with minimal fuss too

The pipe is obviously stronger and lighter than the renault OEM pipe, it also has a wire insert and 5 ply which makes it considerabily stronger than any other pipe offered on the market.

The airbox to turbo pipe increases induction noise considerably, 20% i would say, its not that easy to determine on my car with the exhaust but induction is considerably louder and sharper.

i have spend hours driving round Manchester in a variety of gears, speeds and agression and the pipe just holds alot stronger, giving a sharper cleaner intake and initial feed to the turbo.

after

viperperfairboxtoturbopipe001.jpg

viperperfairboxtoturbopipe002.jpg

MPG is slightly up but i will wait until a drive to Wales next week to see if substancial gains have been made.

viperperfairboxtoturbopipe012.jpg

in the next few weeks given enough interest I will be looking at developing parts for the cliosport range, just need to get some info and interest on parts and bits first :)

the cars far from finished too and alot of stuff getting changed (dont worry it's gettin cleaned n colour coded) so no slaggin off :rasp:

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
nicceeee naith...very nice. the car looks cleanish from that front picture!?!

cheers guys, tis an ugly bay thats for sure! im getting all the yellow bits done orange and some black bits too, the metal bits i'll try n polish up the best i can for spring/summer

chris- covers seen better day tbh iirc ftw ;) im tryin my best to find either another cheap cover then somewhere affordable n decent to strip and powder my calipers too.

blooor- this post was partially for you as u said keep me posted of mods lol, but tbh next mod will be a clutch!

benje- its clean after the first coat of that new autoglym aquawax, but not CLEAN, its my new obsession ;)

ValverInBits
erm erm erm.

Isnt the meggy 225 engine essentially the same as the F4R??
So Loads of parts could be used to turbo the F4R.
Exhaust manifold, inlet manifold to name but a few.
That could save mulah

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
erm erm erm.

Isnt the meggy 225 engine essentially the same as the F4R??
So Loads of parts could be used to turbo the F4R.
Exhaust manifold, inlet manifold to name but a few.
That could save mulah

no lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Sorry forgive me for not being excited, but thats a orange silicone pipe.

How can it do anything more than the existing one did?

Sorry forgive me for not being excited, but thats a orange silicone pipe.

u dont have to ask for forgiveness, certain people on here said they'd like updates and this is a means to show them.

it is stronger than existing OEM, means does not crush itself under pressure, its gives me happiness through increased induction noise and response and is visually pleasing at least to me.

its like me moaning everytime someone puts up a pic of new indicators...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

i done a bit of work to an old 2.0 turbo volvo estate a mate bought for a bit of fun and when running more boost the oem induction hose was being sucked closed by the turbos, causing it to drop of power just as it was about to hit max boost.

a bit of samco hosing and it was sorted.

different car/engine but same idea i would have thought!