ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megs #16 paste wax...(mirror glaze)...

VaVa
Was about to say the same. Seems to be a trade off between durabilty and out and out shine. I find it more durable than P21S but desn't buff up to as good a shine.

106 GTi
In winter I use both, lay down some coats of #16 after the weekly wash for a few weeks, then top with P21s for looks.

al

ST on the way...
Sorry to but in.....is any of the Glym range safe to apply by PC?

(i'm thinking Super Resin)

106 GTi
I always apply SRP by PC these days.

Sonus DAS Green, or Sonus DAS Blue depending on what cut I want to give it.

Still do EGP by hand though.

al

ST on the way...
Do you work several passes as if you we're PC'ing or just enough to apply?

106 GTi
Work it for a couple of passes on speed 4 allows it to go on really thin, so easy to wipe of with no dust.

ST
Rich what way do you put the SRP onto the pad for application....strange question i know but just not too sure on technique yet with the pc!

Alan.

106 GTi
Prime the pad with an X of product for the first panel, then you should only need to add a small 10 pence sized blob or narrow ring round the edge of the pad for additional panels.

ST
Your a gent, cheers Rich...i'm doing my brothers pearl black dynamique either tomorrow or friday so this advise should come in handy!!

ST
Yeah i'll have more questions to bend your ear with no doubt...i think i've got the DAS kit btw??

Orange pad, blue pad, green pad n a white polishing bonnet, there was also a smaller pad in the box??

106 GTi
That is the DAS kit, The PC comes with white pad stuck to the backing plate - only use that on your glass or chuck it away.

ST
Ah i'll jus use it on glass like you said mate....thanks again for the info/help...off out on the p1ss now.

Al.

al

ST on the way...
I'm guessing Rich that the white DAS "bundled" pad is different to the white Sonus "bundled" pad?

106 GTi
The bundled Pad is not a Sonus Pad, it is the standard Porter Cable one, not to be confused with the Sonus White SFX pad.

106 GTi
I dont trust it as it is glued and bonded to that fixed backing plate which is not good with the heat build up you can get.

al

ST on the way...
Aaaah, the one i've got isn't glued to it, it's a velcro seperate that fastens to the rubbery yellow backing plate that came with it.