ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megs Goldclass shampoo - your views?

Shed.
Well i origionally went to halfrauds to get some nxt gen wash as the car was caped in all sorts of god knows what. But i saw the gold class and figured id give it a try.

After using shampoo plus for the past 6 months i was suprised tbh, gold class is very foamy, and the finishing results were actually pretty good. However, it did leave my paintwork bare.

So, do you like it or not ?

I think ill be using it now and again when i want a relativly good clean, but shampoo plus is definately kinder (although not perfect).

Its good but its a bit expensive in my opinion. Im happy with the cheaper brands myself dont notice a massive amount of difference between them all in all honesty

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
If your into detailing its probably only average, i use it all the time and find it great, plenty of suds with it i find

Shed.
might try it some day. I think ill have to try the stuff rich uses. Cant even remeber what it was. heres some pics: first is 3 weeks worth of dirt, and the second is totally bare paintwork washed with that s**t i bought today.

Photo-0035.gif

Photo-0034.gif

106 GTi
Gold Class is not bad, just expensive when you work out how much Megs charge for a US Gallon of Shampoo Plus and Hyperwash which are both nicer products.

Duragloss or Sonax are both nicer than all of the above though.

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm using Victoria Super Soap now and rate it a lot for the finish it leaves, looks awesome. Only downside is the price and doesn't foam as much as some other shampoos but who cares eh!

106 GTi
I'm using Victoria Super Soap now and rate it a lot for the finish it leaves, looks awesome. Only downside is the price and doesn't foam as much as some other shampoos but who cares eh!

Sounds a bit like the Swissvax Shampoo, leaves a great finish, but is not cheap and is limited in suds. I tend to pre foam with Shampoo Plus anyway on the Clio so no biggy.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Its really hard to get suds on most products down here in sunny Kent as the water is so hard.

Rich do you have any suggestions to get me the suds I so desire?

106 GTi
I have had no issues at all with Meguiars Shampoo Plus or Hyperwash both make loads of suds, that water is not that hard round here so would not like to say for sure.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Perhaps it is the fact I am only using megs NXT...might to get something a little better next time.

Thanks Rich

106 GTi
NXT did foam ok for me, but did seem to take a decent amount of it for it to do so. Which is not ideal as it is a fairly strong shampoo even at the recommended strength.

Mito Sportiva 135
The best foamy shampoos I have used have been Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss and Extreme Body Wash, foam nicely if your not using a pre-wash, fairly cheap (especially in bulk) and leave a great finish. Also liked a repackaged version of the Sonax shampoo too but only ever had a couple of small bottles of that.

106 GTi
Quite liked the CG Extreme Body Wash and Wax but again did not find that very foamy compared to other offerings, left a decent finish though.

Mito Sportiva 135
Really? I found it foamed pretty well with warm water...I know there are ones that foam more if you just want that but as an all rounder with foam, cleaning, finish and cost I rate it a lot.

The Victorias is good though Rich as I said just expensive, not something for the Kosovans to be using on their five pound washes I am afraid! ;)

106 GTi
I am going to continue with the Hyperwash/Shampoo Plus Pre foam and then Swissvax Car Bath for now I think.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i got 25 litres of (nicked) car plan shampoo from when i worked at b and q when i was 17 still got bout 15 litres left, great stuff nice and foamy:)

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I liked the Gold Class shampoo, good foam, nice aroma too. Certainly pleased with the finish also.

Now using Duragloss 901. Only slight improvement if any of the Meguairs item. Though it is cheaper.

106 GTi
Really? I found it foamed pretty well with warm water...I know there are ones that foam more if you just want that but as an all rounder with foam, cleaning, finish and cost I rate it a lot.

The Victorias is good though Rich as I said just expensive, not something for the Kosovans to be using on their five pound washes I am afraid! ;)

Don't pick on the Kosovans either !