ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tim's SG 172

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
It's ready for the 'Ring trip now after a bit of a scare earlier when the fuel line popped off the fuel rail :sweat:

Eibach camber bolts have been fitted so now got a degree of camber. The rear seats have been removed after getting a socket welded on to the bolt that holds the seats down as it rounded off.

Brodit iPhone 6 holder installed using a Dashmount bracket.
IMG_7867_zpsiwfhfo1u.jpg

It didn't come with a jack etc so managed to win this on eBay for £2.50 by being the only bidder. Collected it a few minutes from my office in Basingstoke as well so ideal.
IMG_7874_zpsqgdzspzx.jpg

Bought this from Halfords just in case I need any tools, hopefully I won't need it!
IMG_7873_zpszxlslltr.jpg

This sums up what I've done with the car so far :smiley:
IMG_7864_zpsults6lgf.jpg

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Lovely motor this, seen it in the flesh recently.
I believe you work in the garage next to the dealer 'Bentleys' in Hook?
Bentleys had a Black Gold 182 for sale a couple weeks back, I bought that. Remember seeing this parked up in the garage next door and it looked mint!
Also I've never been completely sold by 2118s on 172/182s, mainly because I prefer 16s to 15s. But seeing your car totally changed my opinion on them! It's made me think twice, especially considering that when I come round to replacement tyre time, I want AD08s (had them before, highly rate them and noticed you had them on your 2118s) and they would be a much nicer price in 195/50/15 fitment I imagine!
Anyway, properly nice car mate.
Ash

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Lovely motor this, seen it in the flesh recently.
I believe you work in the garage next to the dealer 'Bentleys' in Hook?
Bentleys had a Black Gold 182 for sale a couple weeks back, I bought that. Remember seeing this parked up in the garage next door and it looked mint!
Also I've never been completely sold by 2118s on 172/182s, mainly because I prefer 16s to 15s. But seeing your car totally changed my opinion on them! It's made me think twice, especially considering that when I come round to replacement tyre time, I want AD08s (had them before, highly rate them and noticed you had them on your 2118s) and they would be a much nicer price in 195/50/15 fitment I imagine!
Anyway, properly nice car mate.
Ash

I don't work at Merityre, I'd left the car with them to fit the camber bolts and do the tracking.

I got the 2118's as I wasn't a fan of the tyres on the 182 alloys and after selling the old set it only cost about £200 more than just getting AD08R's in 16 inch.

I enquired about that Black Gold 182, looked great but was told it had no service history or proof of the cambelt being done. I'd recommend getting the cambelt changed at Rentech in Portsmouth if I was you as Bentley's reckoned they could do the cambelt for £150 which is less than cost of a genuine cambelt kit!

Love the colour that standard? suits the wheels well :up:

No not standard, it was originally Monaco Blue and was resprayed a few years ago.

Looking good Tim, new wheels are a real nice improvement. :smile:

I agree with Pablo. Loos great Tim.

Thanks both :smile:

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
How's she doing Tim?

It's been very reliable thanks. It's now done the Ring, Wales trip, Blyton Park track day at CSS and 7k miles no problem.

What's the long-term plan for this car now the R26 is back? Is it a keeper or are you going to get rid?

I'm not sure Tim , I'd like to use it to keep mileage off the R26 but space is an issue.