ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meguiars cleaning products...........

19 products including NXT wax will be available in Halfords stores (120 selected stores) in a weeks time:D

It will be chemicals only i.e. no accsessories and will consist of their consumer range. should you wish to know what products ring the meg helpline on 08702416696, they do not have a list of stores but I would read it as their major stores rather than a small high street store!!!!

That NXT Generation stuff is really good - Ive used it for a couple of months now on my 182. All the gear cost a small fortune but my god the results are good.

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay-cup on 02 February 2005Be nice to not have to mail order NXT car wash, hopefully they will stock it?

Are you nowhere near one of their registered stockists?

Have you looked on their website?

My local car spares shop sells most of the consumer range already, but with halfords now starting to sell maybe there will be a little competition price wise.

Also they sell the mits, ultimate wipe, application pads etc.

[Edited by chris182 on 2/2/2005 5:08:34 PM]
BTW thanks for the info brazo.

[Edited by chris182 on 2/2/2005 5:09:38 PM]

Bought mine from said shop, and he put them all in an Autoglym bag :eek: and said he hoped the Megs rep didnt walk in ;)

They do stock most items though.

Vee dub

Im quite happy to order my Meguiars products online (seriousperformance)

Cheap prices and quick delivery

:)

106 GTi

Cant argue with that.

Be nice to be able to pick up a bottle of something when I run out on a sunday morning tho!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

NXT is w**k lol, most of the meguairs range is except for the p21s range and the harley davidson registered stuff

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 02 February 2005

NXT is w**k lol, most of the meguairs range is except for the p21s range and the harley davidson registered stuff

I find Meguiars is an extremly good product and works really well. Ive been really pleased with the results I have been getting since using it last year.

I havnt tried NXT yet but the Gold Class is great.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

meguairs products are ok, but there is better, there body shop range is better than the highstreet stuff...

i thought p21s was a meguairs product ?

106 GTi

Agreed there- the bodyshop pro and detailer ranges are much better than the highstreet range.

P21s/S100 products are another made by another US company.

meguairs products are ok, but there is better, there body shop range is better than the highstreet stuff...

i thought p21s was a meguairs product ?
no its not, and some of the meguirs stuff is good, not w**k as you so elequently put it

P21S is not a Meguairs product.

Will be good to see Megs stuff in Halfords though, because I dont have a local stockist.

106 GTi

Used Gold Glass wash again on Sat for first time in ages. Cant pick between Gold Glass and NXT shampoos. Sonax from the local vauxhall dealer is still the choosen one at the moment.

It would appear your opinion is about as accurate as your product knowledge lol!

Check out these cars topped with NXT wax, your obviously not doing it right!

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=3875c0871af621a69c21189e198b90c4&threadid=3202http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=3875c0871af621a69c21189e198b90c4&threadid=3202

106 GTi

Nice thread find Brazo. My bottle of NXT has been untouched since last May time, since I got my Poorboys EX and EX-p. I must have 3/4s of a bottle left - I can see it getting a go in a few weeks time when the Black 182 gets here.

106 GTi

Im going to revist it...was so happy to get the poorboys a few weeks after the NXT, I never really gave it a chance, have so many combos lined up to try on the 182 when i finally get it.

right also looks like im going to have to try it, how do you use it then brazo, do you just put it onto a prepped car (i.e clayed/glazed/sealed), or do you put it ontop of a carnuba wax ??

Vee dub

Im just about getting to the end of my large Gold Class bottle (lasted me ages!) so i may try out the NXT.

Loving the Gold Class

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

the fact nxt wax isnt just a wax and has polish in it, shows that you obviosely know what your talking about too, i personnally dont like NXT and your showing a picture of a car that has been detailed by the company that makes the product, that car prob has a top notch paint job on it, so its not really a good comparison, ive used meguairs products and have lots of them, i prefer mothers or swissol though and propper polishes like g3 etc

Vee dub

I find its very easy to get influenced by others opinions on cleaning products, Id constantly be changing! Im so impressed with Megs shampoo and wax, im sticking! lol

Tom

^^yeh very true, and i found some good waxes and some bad ones, i also found waxes that liked some paints and not others ??, its all about trying waxes untill you get a good one, just some of us keep looking for something better and it probably doesnt exist or we have already found it

Vee dub

Yeah, i used to use Autoglym which is good stuff. Had Meguiars reccomended to me, and havnt looked back.

Cheers

yeh i used autoglym for years when i was younger, used to use the red label wax topped with the extra gloss protection, really made the car shine, but i have sort of settled now for mothers, poorboys, and clearkote, p21s