ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meguiars

Im about to do a bit of a Meguiars shopping session.

Im looking for shampoo/polish/wax/applicators/towels/trim cleaner/wheels cleaners/sponges/brushes..... basically the whole kaboodle.

Any suggestions on which ones ?

well there 3 step system for the waxing , nxt car shampoo, waffle drying towels,perhaps there applicators, wouldnt bother with there other stuff

106 GTi

I would say go for th pro line and skip the stage 3 system.

Get either 80 Speed glaze, or 82 Swirl free polish as you main polish.

The NXt Sealant and 16 Pro line Carnuba Wax.

Personally I would go to

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/

Order the Get either 80 Speed glaze, or 82 Swirl free polish as you main polish.

Clearkote
VANILLA MOOSE WAX HAND GLAZE to give a nice wet look.

Poorboy’s
EX Sealant instead of the NXT and

P21-S
Concours Look Carnauba Paste Wax for you top coat.

Dont forget a good wash mit or pad, a good waffle weave drying towel and some Microfiber clothes too.

yeh sorry i assumed you wanted to know which meguiars to buy, i personally use mothers stuff, and zymol clear shampoo, + i just bought some clearkote mouse and p21s and some poorboys ex

Thanks guys.

THis stuff is bloody confusing. There are so many different makes, and items that do different things.

Shame that guy at serious performance doesnt take cards. Otherwise I would order from him.
I dont know what the hell to get now. lol

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

i just use the nxt shampoo then leather it off then use the nxt polish works a treat, i use autoglym glass cleaner the cream stuff and shells on brand of wheel cleaner, as for sponges tesco do bath sponges for 49p and you get 2;)

Quote: Originally posted by lozza_cup on 10 January 2005

i just use the nxt shampoo then leather it off then use the nxt polish works a treat, i use autoglym glass cleaner the cream stuff and shells on brand of wheel cleaner, as for sponges tesco do bath sponges for 49p and you get 2;)
dont use sponges at all, especially not tesco ones (they scratch your car), use the meguiars lambswool washmit.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

i did have the wash mit but its fooked, havent used the tesco 1s yet but thanks:oops: only bought em coz it was cheap

hey i used sponges till recently, but i noticed swirls and scratches, so i buffed them out and then used the mits and they havnt come back

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

I bought some Meguirars from their stand at Trax last year. Spoke to one of their very helpful reps for a while, and concluded that as the car was new and garaged, and that i wasnt entering it for concours... just wanted a quality, long lasting durable finish. I should go for the "DEEP CRYSTAL" polish, followed by the nxt "TECH WAX". Also boght their application pads for each and the microfiber detailing cloth. Got a free tavel case for them thrown in too!... Very nice..lol!

Hope this is of use to ya monkeh!

R Jay Cup posted some good advice, to be honest it doesnt matter what car shampoo you use as long as you dont use a sponge, try the meguiars lambswool mitt!

I would go with NXT tech wax and if your realy fanatical top it with meguiars #16. Or as R jay Cup said you could try P21-S as the carnuba wax.

Remember polish takes clear coat off and you only want to polish when absolutly necessary

A glaze is a beuty product that gives your paint a wet look. Only use after polishing and again you shoulnt need to use often as long as you have a good coating of wax on top.

Wax as much as you like as this will not remove a layer of your clear coat.

CLIO 197 Ultra red

the gold class polish and soft wash is awsome... smells lush too!! honest!:D... ive also got the waffle towl thing, which is so much better than a leather...

very impressed with the nxt wax, used it for the 1st time on the 182 at the weekend and the finish was great. I wont be using autoglym anymore nor will i use a sponge on a car ever, wash mitt all the way.

youll never use a sponge again once youve used one trust me. Swirl reduction aside they are so much better and easier to use than a sponge.

Skoda Fabia vRS

go for the NXT range mate, you cant go wrong, its all very easy to use

please dont waste your cash on the deep crystal system it takes forever to use and the results aint that good anyway

if you really want some extra protection, top the NXT tech wax with Meguiars #16 paste wax

also, do order from serious performance, 10% members discount and FREE delivery, email him he is a really nice bloke, ive had loads of stuff off him, i pay him using my online banking

Ive just ordered

Meg Ultimate Mitt
Ultimate Wipes
Microfibre towel
Hot shine tyre dressing
Hot wheels alloy cleaner
NXT car wash
NXt tech wax
and some applicator sponges

Cost a few quid, but should be worth it.
I just need a dry day to do it now.

phunkey, dont forget to use 2 buckets, or 1 bucket and an old washing up bowl, like me ;)

Hope you get on well with it.

BTW, my first post as a full member :)

Clio 1.2 Authentique

Hey Buddy

Meguiars do the trick for me. I use the gold class liquid polish, works like a charm.