ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meh coilovers, what to buy £500 limit

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
so for my 172 i want a set of coilovers, they wont be used on anything mega track wise just yet just some light road use so don't need anything fancy. just want the car to not sit like its on stilts.

so was looking at ktec ones but they seem expensive for the fact that they are basically the same as the non sport racelands that cost like £200 less.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2853&appid=2

then there is the vmax ones what are peoples opinions on these ?

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2708&appid=2

then over on kam racing i was looking at the ap apf coilovers any oppinions

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/renault/...-renault-clio-mk2-2-0-rs-172-172-cup-182.html

then i thought about buying a cheap set of non sport coilovers and having the top hole bored out to make it slotted? but i guess this would be really pikey? but for £180 ish should i just go for it give it a bash?

anyway any help appreciated on the coilover front i would rather get the best for my money but would rather spend alot less than £500 if i could. seeing as its more than half what the car cost.

thanks

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
what about getting sportlines and a whiteline arb?
sits pretty perfect then, unless you wanna go really low!
(or sportlines on koni shocks? though £500 wont be enough :( )

i did think about sportlines but im not to fussed on the shocks that are on at the moment. and koni shocks themselves ate over 500 :( or i would.

whiteline arb is something i will look at in the future but as i said i cant really warrant it as i wont be swinging the car about on a track etc.

I've got a set of FK konigsports that are 6 months old for sale soon if your interested for £500, think they RRP at over £700.

Pm me if you want.

Nick

kinda wanted to buy new atm but i will drop you a pm when i know exactly what im looking for.

cheers

CBR1000RR Fireblade
ill give you my view on the v maxx, my 182 came with them on.

i wouldnt recommend them tbh, the ride is very crashy and they are too soft. i cant commoent on any of the others

LY R26 230 F1 Team
ill give you my view on the v maxx, my 182 came with them on.

i wouldnt recommend them tbh, the ride is very crashy and they are too soft. i cant commoent on any of the others

I'll also echo Gouldy's feelings on the Vmaxx. Buy cheap, Buy twice.

If I were you, for £500? buy a second hand set like those off nick, more VFM.

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
how about fk highsport coilovers these seem to be within budget and ive heard good things about fk. are these just fks budget coilovers because there is like 3 types to choose from?

BG 182
Ive used FK loads, had konigs and silverlines, awesome setup for the clios as the adjustment is so huge.. Very happy with the factory dampening too, silverlines are around 500, konigs are a bit more expensive however

clio sport 172
I've got the german AP coilovers (aka KW V1 basic), they are excellent. The car is now in a nose-down stance and handles perfect (i also have powerflexed wishbones, dogbone and arb).

CBR1000RR Fireblade
i know mate, definate winner for that price. ill be ordering some to replace my v maxx.

350z, Subaru Legacy
I'll also echo Gouldy's feelings on the Vmaxx. Buy cheap, Buy twice.

If I were you, for £500? buy a second hand set like those off nick, more VFM.

+1 on the Vmaxx commentary. Too soft for me.

Reviews of those FKs? Fit Cup packed 182s?

Artic 182FF
just seen this thread...

so those FK's at £460 are better value for money than the Wietec GT Hicons that are about £580 from the same site?