ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MeisterR coilovers any good?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
They use the same pillowball top mounts as BC.

Pretty much all the same, BC, Meister R, Yellow Speed.

Listerine & Poledo
So do the Honda boys. "It's rock solid, so it MUST handle" brigade.
Thats them.
Meisters, Rotas and a welded diff = ultimate handling roadracetrackcar ever.
Most common reasons for MX5 being "broken for parts" -
1) Rust
2) Sik lowwz n weldid div

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I had them on an MX5 and was fairly impressed, the damping control actually felt as though it made a difference compared to other stuff I’ve had.

F type jag,
Evening guys
I'm new around here but have a very good working relationship with MeisterR and have been instrumental in developing their suspension for the mx5's
If I can help anyone in anyway just shout up.
Paul

browno

ClioSport Club Member
Paul @Roddison above fitted and set up mine on my mk3 MX5 5ish years ago now after having experienced the benefit on Paul’s race cars. Since that, they have taken 5 years of road and occasional track use in their stride - they have a great balance of being compliant (but more controlled than stock suspension) for road use, but able to stiffen things up nicely for track use. I would certainly recommend them (and Paul too!)

F type jag,
Evening all
I've been speaking to MeisterR about suspension for the clio's
As a newby around here I don't want to offer anything for sale and tread on your traders toes so what me/meister have come up with is this.......
We will supply and fit complete with corner weigh and geo a set of MeisterR suspension to whoever is prepared to make the biggest donation to charity. This can be to any charity of YOUR choice so long as we receive something from that charity confirming the payment or you send us a cheque in the said charity name for us to forward on.....
Hope this is ok with the moderators?
Obviously once we know what car year etc we will start the ball rolling.....
Paul

Ps we recently raised over £7500 for the sheffields children hospital and have a copy af the cheque on our wall at work

browno

ClioSport Club Member
That is a great idea Paul - and knowing the quality of your work and how good the Meisters have been on my Mazda, I would be well up for this (but I do need to fix my 182 first!).
I will start the bidding at a cheeky £400 and you can choose the charity!

F type jag,
Hi guys
Yes this would be a full coilover set of meisterR suspension with spring rates to suit your needs ie track or road.....

PS
Many thanks browno for getting this moving

F type jag,
JB21 the celica isn't one I've done before, however I would guess they would be 10/7 and would work well on track.....

The above offer is for something bespoke as it's quite new territory and will be valved according to spring choice.

If anyone is interested I'm going to be booking Donington evening trackday with circuit days 16th may.
I prob can get a discount if anyone is interested

F type jag,
If you don't get an answer give me a shout and I'll contact them for you........I usually get a reply within an hour or so......

Amg A class, M3 CSL
Hi guys
Yes this would be a full coilover set of meisterR suspension with spring rates to suit your needs ie track or road.....

PS
Many thanks browno for getting this moving
I’m not sure I’m reading this right, do they do one for Clio ?
and if so does the charity donation include the GT1kit?

F type jag,
No, as it stands they do not do one for the Clio.
We are working with MeisterR and it will be a bespoke kit that we would welcome feed back on.

F type jag,
Evening all
Browno as I feel everyone has had ample time to make offers, if your offer still stands mate the suspension is yours......all I need to know is details of the car you wish them to be fitted to and what the use will be i.e. Track/road and I'll put the plan in motion.

Paul

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I would have been keen too :)

I know I’m looking at selling but these would have tempted me.

If you fancy doing a 60mm set too :)

Hi @Roddison if you decide to make an addition set on the same principle (as don't want to tread on the OP toes or anyone elses) let me know and I'll happily match the OP's donation + £200 further towards yourself / Meister for which you can opt to also donate, use on parts or labour etc or if your happy for just donations then I'd put £600 to charity.

My donation would be going to (sorry for shameless plug but in case anyone is feeling charitable) http://www.jessesanchor.org/ for which a friends child passed away at 1 year old to cancer and we campaign for my wife recently raised a fair amount doing for example the Cambridge half marathon.

535d / t5 caravelle
mine are still sat in the garage, going on next year now

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk