ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Men!! Some bloke hit my Williams today..

TT 225

On my way to work, driving down a long straight road some bloke in a Van decided to pull out of a side street on my left without looking.

Slammed on the brakes (f**king good job I had those sorted last week!!) and pulled the car sideways and managed to avoid hitting the front of his van by 5mm or so. Then being a complete DICKHEAD the guy left the van in first instead of finding reverse and hit my car anyway!!!!!!!

Not sure if the wing is damaged underneath - few marks in the paintwork but he didnt crack it. He admitted liability at the scene and I have his details.

Im a bit pissed off.

190 BHP Willy 2

At least he was good enough to admit liability (although he was clearly in the wrong) Hopefully not much damage done.

Everyones having accidents. Im gonna lock myself away I think.

133/225/CLS AMG

What is it with white van drivers!! They are such aggressive careless drives and if you dont drive at 70mph they tail gate you.

I personally hate lorry drivers!! Just coz they have to do 7 gear changes when a car does 1 doesnt mean they dont have to stop. I was on a roundabout the other day turning right and this lorry just kept going as if the roundabout didnt exist. I just had to stop and wait for him to drive past.

Obviously I gave him a polite hand gesture, whilst flashing my lights and beeping to let him know what a fine driving manouvre he did. What a complete c**k-smoker!! :mad:

Hey leave white van drivers out of it! I do a bit of Courier driving and yes some do tailgate (i admit i have done it) thats only because i wanna get the work done quick as poss to get home.

Well and lorry drivers they ARE bad! But at the end of the day just look at the size of the truck, Your not really gonna come out on top are ya?

TT 225

Tony - im not likely to leave white van drivers out of it when he hit my car by pulling out of a side street onto a main road am i :p

Tony, this doesnt excuse driving like a tw*t. At the end of the day, if you hit someone and stopped, it would take you even longer to complete the job.

worth thinking about fella ;)

Yea well worth thinking about in fact i have thought about it. Im not defending the White van driver that hit Kelly nor condoning it,

But you are going to get the odd tw*t, (me NOT included in that! I admit i HAVE done it but not all the time may i add)

133/225/CLS AMG

I understand van drivers and lorry drivers have a job to do but putting peoples cars and lives at risk is not on.

I had a white van driver cut accross a lane and nearly hit me, I beeped him to let him know I was there. All I got in return was a load of grief and him trying to push me onto the pavement.

What gets me is that they give it all the big b*llocks in the van but if you get them out of the van they arent all that. I would seriously slap a van driver given the chance if he gave me sh*t.

Feel the love people!! haha

Yeah most Van drivers dont really give a sh*t i agree, Just because

1, its not their own van half the time and all they have to do is let the company sort it out,

2, they are larger than the average car,

TT 225

Quote: Originally posted by bang on 02 December 2004

sounds like you were going too fast

Aye theres always one! If i was even travelling at 30mph I would have hit him head on and not even had time to get the car a little sideways to avoid a full on frontal crash.

Now go post something constructive or do one!

133/225/CLS AMG

Im sure to some van drivers they get off on having vehicle bigger than most cars.

Im probably bigger than most van drivers though so they can f*ck right off!! haha :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by Kelly on 02 December 2004

Aye theres always one! If i was even travelling at 30mph I would have hit him head on and not even had time to get the car a little sideways to avoid a full on frontal crash.

go girl !! ;)

had a chance to check properly for damage?

133/225/CLS AMG

Lets face it, it doesnt matter what speed youre doing if some little jobs worth in his white van pulls out randomly in front of you, there isnt much you can do.

Driving too fast for the conditions is one thing but what is too fast when youre surrounded by people that cant drive! lol

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Kelly on 02 December 2004

pmsl!

cock mobile.

Hope you get it sorted ok Kelly! :eek:

Lorry drivers dont annoy me too much, yer its annoying when they kind of barge through and dont care for who has the right of way, but at leasts theres some skill involved in driving them, theyre big f**kers!!

How hard is it to drive a van??? Yer not that hard, and Im sure they wouldnt drive nearly as bad as that in their own car! :sick:

Vee dub

Most van drivers are tw*ts

You get the good ones and then the majority are rubbish

Bit like cars really :confused:

Tom

Most white van drivers are peeps who have failed their HGV and make it their mission in life to piss people off and let everyone think they are big man. Hope you get car fixed soon mate and damage is minimal

P.S.

Most white van men have small penises

the above is not sanctioned by other cliosport members, but most think it anyway

TT 225

I had a 1.2 probably when I was your age :p

Northy - hit on the n/s

Not managed to check the damage properly yet - and no doubt when im out of work itll be dark so ill have to do it tomorrow morning! Hopefully itll be alright :)

My sons Dad is a courier and he drives better than a lot of people i know, i think you are always going to get idiots out on the road no matter what vehicle they are in, just the bigger vehicles tend to stand out a bit more.

I swerved to avoid a car that turned right in front of me coming from the opposite direction turning into a side road, i didnt make it though and hit his rear quarter and he tried to blame me said i should have stopped and given way.

My insurance company told me off though said i shouldnt have swerved, cause i could have ended up hitting something else like a lamppost, another car or even a pedestrian and the person that pulled out in front of me would have just driven off leaving me to pick up the bill and lose my ncb.
Hope you and your car are both okay anyway Kelly.

Quote: Originally posted by Hayley on 02 December 2004

you okay hun?

poor willy!!! men are crappy!!
unfair to blame Men, we take no account for white van drivers regardless of gender, they are something else... something dark, evil and sadistic...

Kel, hope everything gets sorted, get a claim in as well, insurance is such a joke anyway you may as well get yer $$$s worth ;)

big red bus

Ouch

Sum1 decided to do the same thing to ma mum, Her car went off 2day for repairs i think.

:mad:

three time last week i was turning righ on a roundabout and lorries made me stop on the roundabout, half the time they dont even slow down, utter c**ts the lot of them