ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Men, who needs them

On Monday my car goes in for MOT and passes. I decide not to get it serviced cos im a cheap student, thought id do it myself. I went to halfords yesterday and got oil filter, oil, air filter and a fuel filter. So, we borrow a trolley jack from this bloke and my boyfriend starts to jack car up, just as i bend down to put axle stand under car the jack slips and the car falls and the sill part lands on the jack. The sill under the passenger door now is bent!! Needless to say my (nearly ex) boyfriend is in the doghouse at the moment. I thought Id save myself some money doing it myself but instead i have a bent sill!!!! The sill is not cracked just bent, how much do you reckon to fix it?

will need to go to a bodyshop for a quote depends on how bad it is, they may be able to knock out the dent and just re-underseal it or if its too bad or they cant get behind that part of the sill to knock it out the sill may need removing and/or replacing :(

lol, yes all sexual favours instantly revoked. I think he feels quite bad though I got breakfast in bed today!!

I think (hope) that the dent can just be popped out, will need spraying though because the paint is cracked.

Trophy

Only way to fix it without fitting a new sill will be to drill holes in it then screw a slide hammer into the holes and pull them out that way, no access can be made to the sills from either end.
Prob better to just live with it for now but get the cracked paint sorted else youll get the dreaded rust coming in.
Just get both sills gravitexed no need for spraying then and no chance of rust.

Mat.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by AMC44 on 19 July 2003

lol, yes all sexual favours instantly revoked. I think he feels quite bad though I got breakfast in bed today!!
LOL, It makes a nice change getting it in bed.

I do hope you get it all sorted out, and at a reasonable price. I have just been working out all my wee girls UNI fees etc; God knows how you students manage:(

ok, so Ive got a quote from a bloke that does cash-in-hand type work and he says he can fix the sill for £100. (this includes patching up a bit of rust just above the sill.)

I think this is quite a good price, only thing that worries me is that he doesnt seem to have a clue about cars - "renault - err............ theyre french, right?" . He fixed a mates polo and although i havent seen it, my mate seemed happy with it.

I dont think im going to find anywhere cheaper so i guess ill just trust him?

I have just been working out all my wee girls UNI fees etc; God knows how you students manage:(

dash, we students manage because we have nice parents, like yourself, to support us and give us beer money!!

lol, and as for the quote i would want to see if his work is any good first, there are alot of cowboys about and what seems like a cheap quote can turn into a nightmare later if it has to be put right cuz hes done a shoddy job

I think ill wait until Ive seen what he did to my friends Polo to see what his work is like. When I went to see him he had a merc in his garage so he cant be that bad if people with nice cars trust him.