ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Microsoft Band

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Anyone see this revealed the other day? Looks really good, shame it's US only atm. I especially like that it's cross platform between Windows Phone, iOS & Android. Also the amount of sensors in this thing is crazy...
  • Optical heart rate sensor
  • 3-axis accelerometer/gyro
  • Gyrometer
  • GPS
  • Ambient light sensor
  • Skin temperature sensor
  • UV sensor
  • Capacitive sensor
  • Galvanic skin response
  • Microphone
Liking the fact it has some smartphone features too such as text/email/Facebook/Twitter notifications that can appear on it. Could come in handy (no pun intended) never really been interested in this kind of thing but imo this could suit me more than the Apple Watch, and I'm a through and through iPhone user...

http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-band/en-us

microsoft-band-3.jpg

I like. Not in love with how it looks however.

The fitness stuff seems interesting; being able to download workouts and it counting your reps etc is pretty nifty.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I watched that video, and read The Verge's preview... bare in mind they pretty much despise Microsoft (apart from Tom Warren) so anything even remotely positive is in reality, really very good.

It looks... like a band. It could be better, but it could be worse. In my opinion the Moto 360 is the best looking wrist technology (don't know what to call the combination of smartwatches and fitness trackers!) but I still prefer the Band to the Apple Watch, I think. What needs to happen is a screen you can rotate off a hinge. The orientation does look kind of horrible to use but unless someone comes out with a version that uses my suggestion I just don't know how they're going to tackle this problem. I know some people swear by just wearing them on the underside of your wrist, but I'm not sure I could get used to that, not to mention scratching it along the table as you type.

Considering ordering one in from America, delivery would be about £50... but I'm not sure. Joe Belfiore has stated they're just testing the product in the US atm, with no mention of a release anywhere else 😧 hope it doesn't become the next Zune.