ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mikey's 172 cup

LY 182
Had the Clio for a couple of months now and thought I should probably start a project thread

After going to view a number of different cups up and down the country I decided on this one which I found in Bristol

£2925 (after much haggling)
With full service history and recent cam belt change
65000 on the clock
Lowered
Front and rear strut braces
BMC CDA air filter
Red Samco induction and cooling hoses
Cup interior swapped for leather and suede interior from standard sport.
Black Turinis with yellow diamonds

IMG_0074.jpg
IMG_0078.jpg
IMG_0080.jpg
IMG_0020.jpg

Apologies for the low quality pics

I haven’t got massive plans at the moment, just want to keep her running well and looking smart.

Plans for the very near future are:
Tidy up the engine bay
fit splitter

Put standard airbox on with ITG panel filter
Service
New discs and pads all round
Re-paint callipers
And maybe change the colour of the bullets

Maybe once I’m eligible for a company car through work I might set her up as a track toy…but that’s a long way off yet.

Clio 172 cup
Exactly the same as mine mate, apart from i have black pro race 1.2s

Paint the calipers with yellow hammerite smooth and black bullets with yellow 2.0 16v

LY 182
The callipers are painted yellow but are filthy and could do with another coat soon.

I do like the sound of black bullets with yellow 2.0 16v, need to get the drivers side door strip re-sprayed so might get them to do the bullets at the same time.

Clio 172 cup
Dont know if you know but the door side strips are meant to matt blue instead of a gloss finish like the rest of the door

Not sure why renault did this tbh

LY 182
I hadn't actually noticed that however, the drivers side one is really badly faded, its asif the primer is starting to show through. Looks like it has been poorly sprayed which leads me to think that it may not be the original one.

Thats why any pictures i take are from the passengers side.

LY 182
just a small update:

went about sourcing an engine cover to help tidy up the engine bay, thought i'd found one in the correct shade of blue but it was the racing blue from the 182 cup.

IMG_0026.jpg

So decided it would be easier (and a little cheaper) to spray it black as i had a unused can of it at home.

Also took off the BMC CDA air filter. It was a little too loud for my liking, especially on the motorway. Fitted the standard airbox with the ITG panel filter and the original air pipe.

Leaves the engine bay looking like this:
IMG_0134.jpg

I've somehow managed to lose the oil cap cover which is annoying!

It's a little bit tidyer but still needs lots doing!

Got some Goodrich brake lines ordered and hopefully changing the dash LEDs to blue. Should get plenty done over the christmas period, as long as its not too cold and wet!