ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

milege off a crisp £10 note

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
How many miles do you get to 10 quids worth of petrol.

i filled up on monday with 30 quids worth of optimax and done 210miles and now its on red !!! is this normal ?? had the car 2 weeks, and its not been nailed !!

172 Cup
Depends on type or roads, traffic etc..

Round town a tenner would get me about 70 ish miles. (my journeys are only a few miles, stop start affairs)

210 miles from £30 seems a bit low but then there's probably another 40 while in the red.

R35 GTR
70 miles seems about right. you may as well nail it every where as the only time I see a big difference in consumption is when doing motorway journeys.

Ad

MK2 FRS
I get around 80iles of mixed driving out of the civic. which is similart to the clio. Used to get 340 out £40 tank off the clio.

BMW 535D
i put £34 in 3 days ago, done 235 miles so far and trip computer tells me ive got 90 left til next fill up

crazycup said:
defo only get 65/70 miles out of a tenner...normally showing 29/30 mpg.... shocking isnt it!

me right foot quite heavy .............26/27mpg showing .lol:quiet:

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I put £38 of Optimax in usually as it tends to be on just below the last white mark when I fill it. (£38 of Optimax equates to about £36 worth of regular fuel.)

From that I get about 280 miles if I'm lucky. So I'm also getting roughly the 70 miles per £10 ratio.

I don't drive overly quick everywhere but it's the cold start and drive 12 miles to work each morning and cold start back home and then to the gym 3 miles that does it.

I try to use cruise control where I can but I don't think it makes much difference.

I'm gonna experiment at half filling up twice a week but I doubt that would add much more than 5 miles to a tank.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
If i drive extra carefully i can get 400 miles out of a tank, takes about £40 to fill her so 100 miles. although I have done 130 on a tenner in teh past.. coasting was involved tho.

Da

Less
I get 300 - 350 miles from a full tank (£35 ish) on my lil 1.2 pocket rocket :approve: