ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

miles out of 172 tank

307 hdi (powered by derv)
Hi, i have 2002 mk2 172 and i'm just wondering how many miles people are getting out of a tank a fuel? I'm getting about 330 driving careful.

Seems to be going down quick but have read that is coz of the cold weather.

Shaw

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
trip estimate or a real worl 330???

i can never manage more than a record 280

172cup

i must be doing something wrong lol..... i never get anywhere NEAR 300... OR 200 lol

Nimbus Clio 197
i used to do that in my calibra V6. Man, THAT used some petrol, lucky to get 200 miles from 45 quid :(

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i generally get 230 - 240. 280 on a long haul keeping it steady.

£20 is only just half a tank.

Car tends to fair better over longer distances, driving around town doing 50 miles a week it seems to drink the fuel el rapido :(

Day said:
£20 is only just half a tank.

Car tends to fair better over longer distances, driving around town doing 50 miles a week it seems to drink the fuel el rapido :(

mine as well :(

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
on average i get 250 miles out of a tank! but i dont do much motorway driving. wen im on a long run down the m5 i get 400 miles in the tank coming up on the computer but if u stick ur foot down u can loose 20miles in 5 real miles!!!!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Got 350+ a few weeks ago, but that was 90% motorway cruising at 80.

If i'm doing shorter trips i'll be lucky to see 280

Clio 197
Mk1's are much better on fuel... so are MK2 172's.

182's are just a lost thirstier!

(ps, my panel filter doesn't help?).

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
On my PH1 172 I always put a full tank in which last week was £42 of BP Ultimate and the fuel light had just come on. I do mainly town driving and pretty much every tank I use I only get around 230 miles. I always reset the trip for every tank and my MPG comes out around 23-25.

I do have a particularly heavy foot and the car seems to really enjoy the power band for some reason. :approve:

Rob

vx220
Driving using the cruise control keeps the mpg up alot higher and more from the tank. I tend to drive A roads and use the cruise when i can which makes a world of difference as your not dabbing the throttle all the time.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
340-380 almost every time on the road.

107 miles is the lowest I've got from a full tank on track - almost ran out in the last session...stuttering and cutting out through hard corners LOL

Megane R26
With a very feather touch foot (Motorway Driving), i've got 420 out my tank on Mk1 172. Normally around 350. :)

I get around 340 - 360 on every tank, always fill up as soon as the petrol light comes on, and every time fill to the top.
Most of my driving is in slow traffic in the city centre, or hard driving on b roads.... maybe they get more economical with age/miles as mine sounds like one of the more economical ones

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I know I don't have a 172 but in my 182 Cup at the moment I am on 180 miles and need to refill! Its not very economical lately :( lol

I work in newcastle and have just driven to preston onto manchester then back to newcastle and i still had pertol left in the tank ... done roughly 370 miles in total and cpu reckons i still had another 75 miles in the tank! Although the needle wasnt far from the red so i wouldnt have liked to chance another 7 miles.

I'd say i usually get about 340-380 miles on a full tank, thats a bout 50% motorway and 50% about town.

Oh and its a 52 reg 172 on 23k and i dont bother with the expenise fuel crap like bp ultimate... its the cheap sh!t asda & morrisons flog at 87p a lite for me all the way!

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
dunno what mine will be after the turbos in but my worst was about 200 and my best about 330! one time my trip com went to 6mpg! cause my plugs burnt out methinks

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Depends how I drive it,

I used it as transport to work and I travel about 100 miles a day I get just about 300-350 miles from a tank (depending on traffic) I took it to newcastle from guildford surrey filled up on a motorway service station and got 450 miles from the tank, thats @ 70-80mph all the way on cruise control

i Usually get about about 180 miles for 25 quid, just in and around town mainly. apart from the times i feel like flying down the A19. lol

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
£25 gets me no less than 200 miles... 2002 Mk2 172 (35MPG) I don't drive slowly, but mostly change gear between 3 and 4k RPM

172cup
just done 700mile round trip.... and done it in 2.5 tanks.... about 100 quid. Sitting at 80mph with the occasional blast to 140 to kill the boredom

Weeman sucks ****
Got 47.5 mpg the other day but I do motorway driving mostly now. Normally get about 380 before the light comes on which is rair, you have to fill up in prep whenever you can using the M25!! f**king traffic.