ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek exhaust teething probs

Afternoon all, just a couple of quick questions. I finally got hold of the milltek exhaust for my 182 and had it fitted yesterday. Unfortunatly it doesn't quite fit right as the left exhaust pipe sits lower than the right one, although i'm taking it back to get realigned tomorrow. I just wanted to know if everyone who has this system had any problems.

Also how long does it take for the exhaust note to 'harden' or get settled. At idle it sounds great, however at above 3000rpm there seems to be a slight rasping noise like theres a gap/hole. Now the technician who has done loads of work for my brothers scoobies over the years, has said that it can take a month or two for the exhaust to get coated on the inside and that over time the exhaust will settle down.

Obviously, i don't want to start worrying about nothing but having read all the positive feedback on the sysytem from other 182 owners, i just wanted some reasurance.

Cheers guys

Corey

Tesla MP3 2021
more than likely the exhaust position will be down to the mounts as mine currently is sitting more to the right as my mounts are fooked.

Have you double checked it over for small leaks, tbh mine sound perfect at the moment and its been over for 1 day now.

many

Tesla MP3 2021
more than likely the exhaust position will be down to the mounts as mine currently is sitting more to the right as my mounts are fooked.

Have you double checked it over for small leaks, tbh mine sound perfect at the moment and its been over for 1 day now.

many people have aid the millek exhaust is of the best fittng exhausts

Well i've looked under the car with the engine running and there doesn't seem to be any leaks or gaps but it's difficult to tell. When i take the car back to the garage tomorrow i will leave it with them and get them to re-look at the whole system. As for the mounts the 2 i can see don't look in the best of conditions and are a little squashed.

I'm more concerned about the noise at the moment mate, like i said it sounds really meaty at idle, but the more i accelerate that rasping noise just seems to be in the background.

Cheers for the feedback mate.

P.s how much are new exhaust mounts?

Thanks Alan, I just did a search on exhausts probs and came across a thread about a janspeed exhaust with a similar problem. Basically a 'rasping' or wet fart noise (great discription) when the engine is revved hard. I'm guessing it's the same problem and i may need either a new u-clamp to connect the centre section to the cat or a different gasket.