ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek fitted

Milltek'd & bmc'd 182
Just had a milltek full system fitted to my 182 with the milltek cat-replacement pipe.
WOW its loud i thought it was supposed to be a subtle deeper note change.

Dont get me wrong i do love it, ive covered about 300 miles. Its seems to be louder when not on the throttle and coasting at about 2.5-3.5 revs!!

(i do have a bmc cda fitted aswell which prob makes it louder)
Do you think this may settle with mileage?!

a thirsty one
once coked up it wont get any quieter, if you want to tone it down a bit i would re fit your cat mate.

the de cat makes quite a difference to the sound.

RSC 182 Cup
On vids I've seen the Milltek zorst seemed to be much more subtle then most. Does a decat make that much difference to the volume?

172 Cup (track) FS
Did you also get the Milltek downpipes and cats fitted ?

If so then you may experience a slight rubbing/knocking noise when accelerating hard in first gear - my 172 did this until I had the downpipes realigned slightly.

I don't have the decat but not sure I agree with the comment about it not mellowing slightly - it should calm down a bit after 1000-1500 miles. All Milltke systems are loud and a bit boomy until plenty of fuel has been through the system.

M140i/Orange 182
mine is fine, i wouldnt say its loud though. sound really good onces warmed up.

check to see if it blowing at any of the joins.

Milltek'd & bmc'd 182
I might try putting the cat back on to see if that makes a difference.

How do i check to see if the joints are blowing... Is it a case of just putting your hands near joints to feel for escaping gas??

Has anyone else found that the system is louder when not flooring it??
Before i brought the system i read it was subltle on normal driving but gave a nice note when giving it some.

ITB BG 182
i got the milltek system an it seemd to be a bit quieter after i cover'd about 1000 miles on it. ive had no problems at all with it but just check you aint got any leaks any where

GDI'd Clio 182
i got the milltek system an it seemd to be a bit quieter after i cover'd about 1000 miles on it. ive had no problems at all with it but just check you aint got any leaks any where

Do you have it installed along with the decat. Any videos of your car?

Milltek'd & bmc'd 182
Been out today and it seems to have got quieter than when i first had it fitted, definately sounds better once the cars warmed up.
ill try get a video up laters.

Milltek'd & bmc'd 182
This is a short cr*ppy video of mine. Covered about 360 miles since its been fitted including a decat aswell.

Seems to be quieter at lower speeds, and louder when giving it some now. Have to see how it is after 1k miles or so.

th_bbab4693.gif

Last edited:
  Milltek'd & bmc'd 182
Sound is awesome. I love it, not quite as loud as when it was first put on... im probably just getting used to it now :)