ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini Cooper s

535d / t5 caravelle
I don't think you'll be disappointed with them tbh, let us know if your in agreement with me when you fitted them, hopefully you will be.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

535d / t5 caravelle
This is an old pic I found of the car, with out the tail lights tinted with fly eye film, much better I think, will be removing it shortly, is it best to use a hair dryer to heat the film up first?
64edf4c3069548f1e449fdd6eb19e2b6.jpg

535d / t5 caravelle
Much better. Get it off. I love the GP rear too.

Apparently I will need something to remove the adhesive residue left behind, 3m adhesive remover or similar, so it will have to wait till I've got some, and I'm still unsure on the GP rear, as in is it all the black bumper trim that's off a GP? I thought it was the same as any other cooper s bar the reflective bits on the arches.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I find it hard believe you're seeing that much power to be honest! Definitely got to be 17%

I've got the same mods and have been told to expect between 195-205bhp... I will be getting mine RR'd at some point!

Rear light wise I think Lamin X looks the best...

14591155_308884372840788_1324701174036692992_n.jpg

However it's (obviously) highly illegal, and it seems impossible to get the indicator shining through the right colour. I did actually do this and they looked great, but couldn't be arsed with getting pulled so have just ordered these...

maxresdefault.jpg

535d / t5 caravelle
I find it hard believe you're seeing that much power to be honest! Definitely got to be 17%

I've got the same mods and have been told to expect between 195-205bhp... I will be getting mine RR'd at some point!

Rear light wise I think Lamin X looks the best...

14591155_308884372840788_1324701174036692992_n.jpg

However it's (obviously) highly illegal, and it seems impossible to get the indicator shining through the right colour. I did actually do this and they looked great, but couldn't be arsed with getting pulled so have just ordered these...

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm going to text the previous owner tomorrow, see if he knows anything about the pulley size, but I have found a thread on minitorque ( I'll find it ) with mods to achieve 220bhp, sure from memory they were similar to mine

http://www.minitorque.com/forum/f640/achieving-220-bhp-advice-wanted-please-40447/

The red Latin x looks good, the bottom ones look spot on are they off ebay, have you a link to them please?

535d / t5 caravelle
@bill If you look at @kayzee rear bumper splitter, you will notice that yours is far deeper!
If you dont want it, i will happily give you £50 & a packet of crisps :up:

Ha ha ha cheers :up: I see it now, looks very nice actually lol, so I presume the only GP bits missing form the back are the bumper inserts and the spoiler? I've seen the previous owners project thread and he bought the inserts, must have decided against fitting them.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Ha ha ha cheers :up: I see it now, looks very nice actually lol, so I presume the only GP bits missing form the back are the bumper inserts and the spoiler? I've seen the previous owners project thread and he bought the inserts, must have decided against fitting them.
Yes, that's correct, inserts & spoiler - I prefer yours as it is :up:
Will get one for mine at some point im sure!

535d / t5 caravelle
I thought the back looked a bit "fat" now I know why, will leave it as it is

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'm going to text the previous owner tomorrow, see if he knows anything about the pulley size, but I have found a thread on minitorque ( I'll find it ) with mods to achieve 220bhp, sure from memory they were similar to mine

http://www.minitorque.com/forum/f640/achieving-220-bhp-advice-wanted-please-40447/

The red Latin x looks good, the bottom ones look spot on are they off ebay, have you a link to them please?

You can only get the smoked ones on eBay, which I don't personally like (going more for the silver/chrome theme than blacked out)

I got them from here. Came in two days and must say look even better in the flesh! Will hopefully get them fitted this Friday :smile:

http://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles/...-led-rear-lights-with-reverse-lamp-clear.html

535d / t5 caravelle
You can only get the smoked ones on eBay, which I don't personally like (going more for the silver/chrome theme than blacked out)

I got them from here. Came in two days and must say look even better in the flesh! Will hopefully get them fitted this Friday :smile:

http://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles/...-led-rear-lights-with-reverse-lamp-clear.html

Cheers, Yeah I found the smoked ones and I agree the ones you have look much better, get a pic up when there on :up:

535d / t5 caravelle
removed the flyeyes from the tail lights today and gave it a quick clean, looks much better now with the added bonus of actually being able to see some light through the lenses. came off in about 5 minutes with the help of a hair dryer and no glue left on the light cluster [emoji41]

was going to do the belt line black and give it a polish/wax but it started raining, might get chance tomorrow hopefully.

only done a tank and a half of fuel in it, but absolutely love it!

been thinking its not that quick tbh, or at least doesnt feel it, but after recently dusting a couple of fiesta st's, its quicker than it feels lol.

a few pics of tail lights for reference

556007496e1da9f41673680565d200f8.jpg
7c8bd611fd6826f885bdc3ad54f36c87.jpg
a6e83c0c6afabb295b3869c762edb1f9.jpg
268dd400b2f8e1573c71e5427b35d28e.jpg
629dcd44c441e17b790a8d36ff6f3b89.jpg
f0c6b456a953ad374682194dbbeb3162.jpg

535d / t5 caravelle
Still deciding what to do with the front lights, I like the dark lense look at the front, but again it's limiting the amount of light that comes through, think I'll leave it for now.

And I have no idea if I have xenons or not, the lights self level when you turn them on, does that mean anything? Because of the fly eyes on them I can't see if the have washers in them or not.

Love it. You should def have xenons unless someone has removed them. They're not the brightest anyway so flyeye will not help.

The only other thing that stands out to me is the chrome petrol cap. Black would look better Imo.

I know what your saying about the speed. They are quite deceptive and need to be revved. I've had a blast against a fn2 type r and fiesta st. Both the mini didn't have a problem with. The st was standard though or guessing it was.

535d / t5 caravelle
Love it. You should def have xenons unless someone has removed them. They're not the brightest anyway so flyeye will not help.

The only other thing that stands out to me is the chrome petrol cap. Black would look better Imo.

I know what your saying about the speed. They are quite deceptive and need to be revved. I've had a blast against a fn2 type r and fiesta st. Both the mini didn't have a problem with. The st was standard though or guessing it was.

You've got facelift xenons.
They are bright, but not when covered in flyeye lol.

So I gather xenons are standard on facelifts then lol, cheers for that, It's been annoying me wondering if I had them or not. Quite like the flyeye>chav.

Petrol caps on the to do list along with side vents and door handles.

My Clio cup felt quicker than the mini, but clearly isn't.

535d / t5 caravelle
got the belt line done today, bit of a fiddly job on the curves, and theres a few creases here and there, but i dont see how these can be avoided.

looks better now, just need to de chrome a bit more.

whats the best option for the petrol cap and side vents? is it worth trying plastidip?

0896c03b7e33e3bc9147dfef2576e176.jpg

fada0a3e30511e95113cafe4b1681ae6.jpg

4d3128b741d6a92ac53e938224b881dc.jpg

39ed52c0eb6109826c67953e2b05c27c.jpg

Last edited:
  535d / t5 caravelle
been debating removing the flyeyes off the front recently, and after going out in the car tonight down an unlit road, there definitely coming off, couldn't see s**t! full beam was not much better, will see what its like without, but i think new bulbs may be in order, presume theres some xenon bulb upgrade.

averaging 27 mpg.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
whats the best option for the petrol cap and side vents? is it worth trying plastidip?

I've got standard black Mini side vents on mine they complement the aero grill better than the chrome s ones.

535d / t5 caravelle
I've got standard black Mini side vents on mine they complement the aero grill better than the chrome s ones.

Didn't realise/think the standard ones where black, good call I'll check ebay, save spraying them, gone off the idea of plastidip, would rather get things painted up properly.

535d / t5 caravelle
Removed the flyeye off the front and fitted some osram night breakers, can actually see something now, great bulbs made a huge difference, mpg is down to 25.9 so that’s s**t lol.

Managed to bag myself an atomspeed scoop today in black, been after one for a while now so happy days.

And once this group buys finalised on minitorque, I’ll be getting some meister coilovers along with a rear arb and some adjustable control arms. ( see what this thing can handle like with proper suspension )

535d / t5 caravelle
Atomspeed scoop arrived yesterday, was a bit rough and ready tbh, so ive just dropped it off along with the fuel cap and sidevents for the gloss black treatment.

7c48dbc812f564c8539dad99737218d8.jpg

535d / t5 caravelle
Atomspeed scoop fitted, scuttle vents with new decals and petrol cap fitted all in gloss black. Next is some door handle covers in gloss black and a boot handle in gloss black.

And i debadged the rear also.
ff1b83ff461c8ef9a195140ad21579ac.jpg
04e7331ac0ad81387c2580f878fe1695.jpg
8b9035acf19e0e03c9dbe4a0f8b88d74.jpg
7d91835f7ec050e96bd64c97b33bb617.jpg
74d0e1fa7dd34c3cc571d3acb0ee3e6c.jpg
0be93859d6deff6c10a6857f19370737.jpg
d9466183d33141f7a12ed22a481baf2e.jpg
6d3568e40e1296da0b9a7bf50cae7a64.jpg
44eeba468facf5e7954dbc4e9000b8cd.jpg
aa4437aa1954e469c90732b030b3b567.jpg

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Looks very similar to mine plus or minus a few badboy black bits, I prefer to look at Minis than driving them though lol. What % pulley does yours have? (Sorry if I missed it). Got 11% on mine. Going off memory of my 172 the Mini feels slower but it's probably faster.

Looks very similar to mine plus or minus a few badboy black bits, I prefer to look at Minis than driving them though lol. What % pulley does yours have? (Sorry if I missed it). Got 11% on mine. Going off memory of my 172 the Mini feels slower but it's probably faster.
That'd be about 1*2 pace. You need a 15/17% for the real difference. They're then considerably quicker than a 1*2 in my experience although they don't feel "fast"..

BMW M4; S1000 RR
That'd be about 1*2 pace. You need a 15/17% for the real difference. They're then considerably quicker than a 1*2 in my experience although they don't feel "fast"..
Yeah when I bought it, it had a 17% pulley but would throw an excessive pressure warning light whenever I drove it (my GF who's car it is said "just don't thrash her") but I didn't like it so put an 11% on there instead and it's fine now. Doesn't really feel much different to me but then I'm used to 500nm+ so it's never going to feel fast.

Even called 1320 about the warning light and their words were "it must be a good one then as that means it's making good boost". Lol

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looks beautiful mate. Love the Turinis on it and if I’d kept mine I’d have put some on. The black bits also make it.

535d / t5 caravelle
Looks nice! I'm not sure why, but the black headlamp rings bother me a little :confused:

I think it’s now I’ve removed the flyeyes off the headlights, the rings stand out more, I preferred the look before but the flyeyes took away to much light, I’ll be getting the joey mod done next year, so should look a look better then and blend in more.

It was advertised as having a 17% pulley, but I have the receipt for a 15%, so 15% it is. There quicker than they feel these things.

Certainly agree.

This is crying out for some Aero Skirts.

Aero skirts are on my to do list, just not at the top of it yet, probably next year, are they about £250?

535d / t5 caravelle
]
Looks beautiful mate. Love the Turinis on it and if I’d kept mine I’d have put some on. The black bits also make it.

Cheers pal. Im loving the new black bits, door handle covers are next on the cards

Clio 197 RB
I think it’s now I’ve removed the flyeyes off the headlights, the rings stand out more, I preferred the look before but the flyeyes took away to much light, I’ll be getting the joey mod done next year, so should look a look better then and blend in more.

It was advertised as having a 17% pulley, but I have the receipt for a 15%, so 15% it is. There quicker than they feel these things.

Certainly agree.

Aero skirts are on my to do list, just not at the top of it yet, probably next year, are they about £250?

For £250 you want a mint set. I just let a set go for £250, they were good but not perfect. If you ever fancy a GP front bumper, I have one for sale. Also a set of Oz Superleggera's.

Yeah when I bought it, it had a 17% pulley but would throw an excessive pressure warning light whenever I drove it (my GF who's car it is said "just don't thrash her") but I didn't like it so put an 11% on there instead and it's fine now. Doesn't really feel much different to me but then I'm used to 500nm+ so it's never going to feel fast.

Even called 1320 about the warning light and their words were "it must be a good one then as that means it's making good boost". Lol
I put a 15% on mine and never had any issues. Went well but still had to really rev it.

535d / t5 caravelle
For £250 you want a mint set. I just let a set go for £250, they were good but not perfect. If you ever fancy a GP front bumper, I have one for sale. Also a set of Oz Superleggera's.
I'll keep my eyes open for some skirts, but cant really afford any at the moment, got coilovers, rear control arms and an arb to buy as a priority, think i prefer the jcw front bumper tbh, unless its going for £200 of course ha ha

I keep looking at wheels for sale, dont really know why though as i like the turinis lol.

Looks well your cooper.

Clio 197 RB
I'll keep my eyes open for some skirts, but cant really afford any at the moment, got coilovers, rear control arms and an arb to buy as a priority, think i prefer the jcw front bumper tbh, unless its going for £200 of course ha ha

I keep looking at wheels for sale, dont really know why though as i like the turinis lol.

Looks well your cooper.

GP bumper is around £600. lol. My car should be totally standard within the next few weeks. I just need to find a standard exhaust.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I put a 15% on mine and never had any issues. Went well but still had to really rev it.
I read that it's the 17% where boost crosses the threshold and you need an uprated intercooler to stop the warning light coming on under WOT high rpm conditions. Since going 11% (same as JCW) it's been fine and I've done several 0-100+ runs without issue so it must have been that.