ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini Cooper SD

Merc A class
Having some body work repaired on the Scirocco got this bad boy as a courtesy car :cool:

Also got my self some new photography gear so gave it a test last night

7729369444_174f67e833_z.jpg

My first rigpro shot by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

7729719898_375ee1a548_z.jpg

Rig Pro with Watermark by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

Not sure about the below Image...

7729979056_5f89dc4b3d_z.jpg

Mini Rig Pro with watermark by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

Riad

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Great shots.

What are these like to drive? Power etc? I might get my mrs to chop her cab in for one..

Merc A class
Great shots.

What are these like to drive? Power etc? I might get my mrs to chop her cab in for one..

Its a great if i'm honest, Little heavy at the front and can understeer but i doubt your mrs will be pushing it! haha

Pulls well through every gear, The car returned 60mpg for a 150mile round trip sat at 74!

williams 2,seat leon
They tested in one of the car programs and the amount of extra cash you pay for it, would take 80k miles odd to save money on running a petrol one. So you get a slower noiser car, and would have to keep it for a good few years to see any point buying a new one. Hence pointless.

Last edited:
They tested in one of the car programs and the amount of extra cash you pay for it, would take 80k miles odd to save money on running a petrol one. So you get a slower noiser car, and would have to keep it for a good few years to see any point buying a new one. Hence pointless.

£700 more for the basic car. Not a huge amount and given how thirsty the petrol version is it wouldn't take long at all to break even tbh.

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
£700 more for the basic car. Not a huge amount and given how thirsty the petrol version is it wouldn't take long at all to break even tbh.
The standard one is amazingly frugal. You must be thinking of the old supercharged one. My turbo one was returning ~42 mpg.
Granted if its only £700 it wont be 80k miles to recoup that.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Must admit the pics make it look alot better than it is!

My best friend had a 59 plate Cooper D - not the S. He kept banging on about how nippy it was and good on fuel it was... Until I showed him the MPG figures on my derv100 and a quick blast out together, he found it difficult to make much, if any ground on my little dCi!

So, in reality IMO they're not that amazing!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
My MCS isn't too bad on the juice.

The SD looks nice with JCW/Aero kit on it IMO.

I'd have one.

Turbos.
Surely they look exactly the same as the S; that's the point isn't it?

I'd like to believe the petrol vs diesel debate, but i've seen too many comparisons with manufacturer's MPG figures; in my experience petrols are way off the mark compared to diesels. Still, it is very valid if you only plan to keep the car for a year or two.

Merc A class
I now have a red one, Think i'm going to take some rig shots of this one as the red should come out nice :cool: