ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini Implant

Some guy decieded to drive as fast as his little 92 mini could carry him into the back of my car last night... how fin delightful. On first glances in the dark my clio seemed solid, but then lookin this morning under the car and around the spare wheel its all crumpled and more worryingly theres lil creases around the sunroof? Im thinkin its twisted, therefore written off? Anyone with more knowledge add anything?

Oh and the mini... well and truely dead, thats a shame.

yea... called the police straight away as we both sustained minor injuries. Reno insurance are on the job this morning, they seem really fast and efficent. Its off to the body shop tommorrow. Courtesy car and all that provided. Proper gutted thou as anyone would be. Thing is a payout should it be a write off is gonna be pennies im guessin.

Hate to be the one to tell you but its written off, any creasing in the boot floor or ripples in the roof will write it off. :cry:

Ziel Nurburgring

Shiznit, that sounds bad. Glad your ok, but as pete says, once bent always bent and he should know;)

Ziel Nurburgring

Were all your mods declared? If not, get them off. On seconds thoughts, get them off before its written off as youll lose them once its the insurance companies property.

Lee

BMW M2C

Not good mate.

I had a Rover 200 Vi written off a few years ago. It didnt look that bad to me but the crease in the roof meant it was in fact the shape of a banana and a write off.

I also had (for 2 weeks) an Astra which had been a right off from a rear end collision, some w**ker had rebuilt it! That had had the rear suspension pillars collapse.

It doesnt sound too good for your Clio, but they can work wonders these days.

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 11 November 2004

Not good mate.

I had a Rover 200 Vi written off a few years ago. It didnt look that bad to me but the crease in the roof meant it was in fact the shape of a banana and a write off.

I also had (for 2 weeks) an Astra which had been a right off from a rear end collision, some w**ker had rebuilt it! That had had the rear suspension pillars collapse.

It doesnt sound too good for your Clio, but they can work wonders these days.
Sounds like a real spell of bad luck that mate.

Work wonders eh? Im thinkin more along the lines of miracles at the mo lol

Lee

BMW M2C

The Astra was my second car, luckily Im a suspicious person and looked into things. The previous owner told me exactly what had happene to it, I basically threatened the seller with trading standards and he gave me my car back, cash and took the Astra.

The Vi on the other hand wasnt that bad, insurance paid up more than it was worth and I got a 306 GTi-6 which Id always wanted but couldnt afford when I purchased the Vi.

It may look bad but Im sure it will all get sorted.

VaVa

Thats the spirit!!

Any kind of creasing to floor plan/roof means the shell is crumpled - write off. Same thing happened to my 306 Dturbo. :cry:

well if it is written off its just down to how much they pay out. clios dont seem to fetch alot. then go from there for the 182. knowin my luck thou, theyll have some mystery cure and il be pissed then cuz i cant get my 182 earlier lol. either way ill grumble ;)

Ziel Nurburgring

How fast did he hit you? Was it a big impact or just hit the wrong place and turned your car into an accordian?

into an accordian lol... he almost took me out sideways to start with as he came trekin out of some estate. both of us locked up on instint and after that i was thinkin thank f**k, cuz a side impact would of prob shunted me over the other side of the road and down a banking. I continued off down the road he looked miles back. slowed a lil thru a contra flow in roadworks then look in rear view and he was almost up my ass then a screech of brakes and a sod off wollup and its all over. hit square on the back. got a lovely imprint of round headlights lol the crinkles near the sunroof are matchin left and right. about 2-3inches made up of 2 waves, if u get that lol.

were did u get racing from in that? i was ploddin along and slammed on to avoid him smackin me. further down the road he ploughs up behind me in a 30 zone (to which i was stickin to) doin i duno what speed and bang. Theres no racing there mate lol

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Crumpling around the spare wheel isnt a write off ... they just pull the bottom lip back out again. As for rippling on the roof :(

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by cole on 11 November 2004

he almost took me out sideways to start with as he came trekin out of some estate. both of us locked up on instint and after that i was thinkin thank f**k, cuz a side impact would of prob shunted me over the other side of the road and down a banking. I continued off down the road he looked miles back. slowed a lil thru a contra flow in roadworks then look in rear view and he was almost up my ass then a screech of brakes and a sod off wollup and its all over. hit square on the back.
Sorry, if i was wrong, but that reads like you were racing. After re reading it could be taken either way and it might be that he was just being a w*nker hammering it about and you were innocent. No offence intended

non taken mate. i had a pal in the car with me and he was pissed off cuz the fella was clearly drivin like a prick. I just re-read it myself and it does sound racey. i can assure you it wasnt at all.

Ziel Nurburgring

Sympathy returned then mate, lol

Now, onto how renault hire cars like to be driven............

cars swapped round... left me with a 1.2 16v in silver covered in dealership stickers lol looks the part i tell you. The guy from the body shop described my car as a wreck, very reassuring! Ah well. Waiting game now. Gota say renault insurance has been rapid, no complaints here.

:confused: havent exactly spoken to him since the accident. I know for sure nothing in front of the back windows will be available lol. Kinda dead. If i hear different Ill post back for ya!