ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini JCW Checkmate

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up earlier in the week. 1 of 22 with the JCW package ordered from factory so it's not a common sight on the road. Lots to do but scrubs up well after it's first clean. Owned a really tweaked JCWs years ago and wanted another but with the LSD which this has, chuffed with it. Goes like stink (for a mini) and looks great.

IMG_2314.jpg
IMG_2307.jpg
IMG_2308.jpg
IMG_2311.jpg
IMG_2312.jpg
IMG_2310.jpg
IMG_2306.jpg
IMG_2305.jpg

What power do they put out again for this model year ?

Yeah 210 for the JCW, 170 for the standard car ?

Very nice indeed - like buses, no Checkmates, then two appear on the forum within a month lol!

Does look very tidy and original and good to see the arm rest looks ok, didn't realise you had one in it..... been eying them up on eBay (genuine part from BMW Mini) but price was high. Then they knocked 15% off the other day and I swooped in and got one.

Interesting to see the standard (well, JCW!) engine bay compared to mine;

43896360510_b5fe442dce_b-jpg.1393292

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah 210 for the JCW, 170 for the standard car ?

Very nice indeed - like buses, no Checkmates, then two appear on the forum within a month lol!

Does look very tidy and original and good to see the arm rest looks ok, didn't realise you had one in it..... been eying them up on eBay (genuine part from BMW Mini) but price was high. Then they knocked 15% off the other day and I swooped in and got one.

Interesting to see the standard (well, JCW!) engine bay compared to mine;

43896360510_b5fe442dce_b-jpg.1393292

Looks tidy.

Arm rest gets right in the way though so I don’t use it.

How much are they?

Megane R26
I like the Look of these. How do they perform against a 1*2 with the usual mods like springs etc?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I like the Look of these. How do they perform against a 1*2 with the usual mods like springs etc?

Better gearbox although you can’t shift has fast, lsd works really well for what it is. Engine response is perfect, no lag just goes. Corners a lot flatter than a Clio, no where near as much body roll. Brakes are strong however I prefer the 172 setup. Nothing a fluid and pad change wouldn’t sort. Xeons are really good also, much better headlight. Exhaust pops on over run which is nice, oh and the charger whine is awesome ?

Driving position is also excellent. Downsides is that anything big the car needs front end gas to come off to access front of engine, mpg is no where near as good as a 172 unless on a run.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I had one of them ( don't think it was the checkmate one just the JCW ) behind me on my run to work this morning in the Fiesta ST and it went well esp in the corners not so much on the straights but then the ST is running a tad over stock :)

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Interesting! They do seem like a good package.

It’s worth mentioning that the car is a lot more refined than the clios, if I wanted a Sunday blast the Clio would still be the pick, but as a daily or more frequent user, Mini’s awesome.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Any plans for it?

Not at the moment. Wait for the weather to sort it’s s**t out than I will get the wheels refurbed, door dent pulled and this sorted.

After that detail, tracking and enjoy.

1A181927-CED2-402A-ADFA-0CD77A51E3AD.jpeg

Hyundai i20N
Hey. I’m resurrecting this as I’d like to know, Ant1, if you still have this JCW? I saw one on AT a few years back which hung around for a while. At the time it was strong money and just at the point when I was going to enquire, it sold. Not seen one since 😞
So, if you do still own this, would you be willing to part with it?
cheers, Phil

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Hey. I’m resurrecting this as I’d like to know, Ant1, if you still have this JCW? I saw one on AT a few years back which hung around for a while. At the time it was strong money and just at the point when I was going to enquire, it sold. Not seen one since 😞
So, if you do still own this, would you be willing to part with it?
cheers, Phil

Went along time ago fella.

I could probably get the details for the guy who purchased it but I doubt he would sell, big Mini collector.