ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini Works

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Still awesome mate. Red would also look great with the Black.

The only small thing I don't like is the orange headlight inserts mate but it's clearly an awesome machine!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I know so many people that have had problems with these, it's nice to see someone loving theres.

Looks smart mate.

Tangoed Works
Only just seen this thread, glad you put one together as I was keen to see your motor after seeing your avatar picture.

Looks good matey, I always had a soft spot for these minis. When I worked for stratstone I worked on plenty of these as we used to sell loads. Used to love driving them, always thought they were a right hoot.

What sort of mpg do you get out of it?

Thanks guys. Yeah it took me ages to fall in love with it but it was worth sticking it out. Just a weekend toy now so look forward to having a blast at the end of each week!

mpg is not too bad really. On motorway if you stay around 70 you will easily get between 38-42 mpg without trying to hard. Around town 30-32 as long as you aren't traffic light GP'ing everywhere.

Sprited country driving will be 25-28 but balls deep driving will be between 15-18mpg max. As I said in another thread they are fuelled very rich as stock (hence why you don't need to map for pulleys exhaust etc). I had a courtesy car with a mynes remap and the mpg was amazing. Hooning with cruising would easily yield 50 miles from £10 as it had much more torque so the normal driving was more effortless. With this you need to take care to get 50 miles from £10.

even though its at 90k miles it has been so reliable. Rad went under warranty. New clutch just done and now a map sensor that cost £40 has been changed.

All other costs has been consumables such as tyres, brakes etc. these cars are very cheap to run in all honesty which is why I haven't changed. They still go for around £4-6 k spec dependent and I know if I broke mine and sold all the bits off it I would have only lost around 4k in 4 years.

tempted by another car but going to carry on investing my cash for a bit longer before going for another motor.

Tangoed Works
Got my dyno printout sent over today. They overlaid a stock cooper s with it so I could see the difference the jcw kit makes. All it needs is a nice tune to smooth out the curves!

Flywheel power worked out to be just under 220bhp.

A89E5090-DA95-4FA3-9C5E-C7DA91915EDF-1694-0000017126DCC924.jpg